Thrush

I've got in on my tounge! I've been feeling something for a few days, but kind of thought I was crazy. I'm getting some jarrowdophilis.

I did a search and it seems like it's normal, goes away, isn't a big deal.

Anyone else have this or know a way to get rid of it?

• Like 1

I've got in on my tounge! I've been feeling something for a few days, but kind of thought I was crazy. I'm getting some jarrowdophilis.

I did a search and it seems like it's normal, goes away, isn't a big deal.

Anyone else have this or know a way to get rid of it?

Gentain Violet is what I used on my son when he has thrush. I got it from the pharmacist. It was not a RX but was behind the counter. If it where me I would give your local pharmacist a call and ask him/her what would be best for you.

This stuff I told you about is painted on the tounge. Daniel always acted like it was the worst thing ever.....so I am willing to bet it tastes like ....arse...

Heya,

I was banded the day after you and ironically I have thrush as well. I was using my steroid inhaler like crazy at the beginning of the month due to a bad case of bronchitis, so I'm not sure if that did it or if it had something to do with the surgery. I started off using yogurt and probiotic pills, but it just wasn't helping so I finally went to the doctor and received a prescription for Nystatin. I started to see a dramatic improvement in just one day. I've had it before (a long time ago due to antibiotic use) and both times I've had to go get a prescription. My thrush just doesn't seem to respond to my probiotics. The Nystatin is supposidly "cherry-mint" flavor, but it tastes more like almond extract to me....really crappy almond extract. ;) But it did the trick!