What to bring...

Reading some of the comments has got me to wondering what I should bring to make the experience easier. One person wrote about putting on pajamas to go to the surgery center in. What should I bring with me for my surgery and stay at the center? Should I wear only pajamas there? What will I be wearing overnight? Their gown? Then maybe I should wear a comfortable sweat suit.

I've heard about gas afterward and someone took Gas-X. Isn't that a pill? Is gas an issue after surgery and is there something liquid I should bring for it? Should I bring liquid Tylenol.

I know I'll think of another question as soon as I post this. LP

Reading some of the comments has got me to wondering what I should bring to make the experience easier. One person wrote about putting on pajamas to go to the surgery center in. What should I bring with me for my surgery and stay at the center? Should I wear only pajamas there? What will I be wearing overnight? Their gown? Then maybe I should wear a comfortable sweat suit.

I've heard about gas afterward and someone took Gas-X. Isn't that a pill? Is gas an issue after surgery and is there something liquid I should bring for it? Should I bring liquid Tylenol.

I know I'll think of another question as soon as I post this. LP

Hi there...I'm excited for you!

I wore the OCC gown to sleep in, but I took 2 excercise syle outfits with me, one for the day before, and one to wear home. They were stretchy and comfortable. I didn't experience a lot of gas so I didn't need to take anything. A couple of days after I got home, I did get that infamous shoulder pain from gas, which was very painful, but I just walked a lot. That is the key! Also when recuperating, my heating pad was my best friend. It gave me a lot of relief from a variety of aches and pains!

I wore comfy clothes there, only to have to take them off and put on the gown for the surgery. So it doesn't matter what you wear there. I would bring the comfy clothes for when you change to go home. Also, they told me I could have tiny pills and gel caps were okay. If the pill was too big, they said to just chop it in half and everything would be fine. :)

I wore my jeans to the OCC, but brought a small bag with my nightgown, robe and slippers. I didn't wear their gown. None of the people who were there when I was wore their gowns that evening or to sleep in. We were walking the halls so much and visiting with each other I think we were much more comfortable in our own nightclothes. I also brought gas-x strips. Plus an extra pair of underwear for the trip home the next day. You won't shower or anything the next morning, so you don't need to bring toiletries. Oh, I did bring a toothbrush and brushed my teeth the next morning, but otherwise, I traveled very lightly and it worked out fine. Make sure what you bring to wear the next morning is comfy. My jeans are loose enough that they were fine for me, but stretch workout pants would probably be perfect.

They will have pain medication for you and can handle all your medical needs, and will also give you broth, popsicles, and capri sun that night and the next morning.

Its been a long time so i'm sure i'll forget something but here is what I brought:

- Loose, comfy clothes

- Toiletries

- Heating pad (didn't take but wish I had)

- Laptop

- Special K20 packs to put in bottled water

- Gatorade

- Gas X strips (went through a lot of those!)

One thing to add...sports bra. One of the incisions is pretty high, so something soft and without a wire will be best. I was one the the ladies who got banded with Jill (macleay) and we all changed into our own pj's. I wore the same thing back to the hotel the next day that I wore to the clinic. No need to take much with you. They will let you go back to the hotel the same day, but we all opted to stay and we had a blast that night. Most of us hung out in each others rooms talking and walked the halls until our sweet nurse tucked us in that night. Oh, two other things I was glad I had...lip stuff and one's for tipping the caps and drivers. Looks like everyone has covered everything else.

Sooooo, excited for you!