To BrownEyedGirl

Thank you so much. What a nice thing to see this morning. I'm feeling great! Right now I'm looking for the post where someone was asking about phone service here. I had no idea they had free calls to the US and Canada from OCC on top of Internet and cable (both in English)!

I had a hiatal (sp) hernia and Dr. Ortiz fixed it while he was in there.

I'm really doing well and am focused on taking care of my band and myself from now on. Like Dr. Ortiz suggests, I don't want to test my band on how much I can eat but on how little I can eat and feel satisifed.

Thanks for your encouragement. I look forward to following in your footsteps down the path of weight loss.

BrownEyedGirl,

That is amazing that Dr. Ortiz was able to fix the hernia. That's great!

Janelle,

Congrats! let us know how your surgery went. Hopefully you will see this.

Hugs,

Kristi

I´m sure she´ll tell you herself, but Janelle´s surgery yesterday went fine! I´m waiting now for the OCC van and Francisco to bring her back to the Marriot!

Ugh.. surgery day wasn´t bad... although I was STARVING the whole time. I wish I got mroe to drink. It was like the worst pain ever from being hungry. So, the next day when we got to the Marriot, I had a bunch of broth and juice and felt better. But, the whole rest of the day I was miserable. My stomache hurt so bad, I felt like I was gonna throw up, I just felt awful. We had planned to go walk around but I couldn´t even leave the room. Today is better, I am going slowly on juice, so hopefully that will help. Ugh, this has NOT been as easy as it was for my mom. :( I am jealous.

Ugh.. surgery day wasn´t bad... although I was STARVING the whole time. I wish I got mroe to drink. It was like the worst pain ever from being hungry. So, the next day when we got to the Marriot, I had a bunch of broth and juice and felt better. But, the whole rest of the day I was miserable. My stomache hurt so bad, I felt like I was gonna throw up, I just felt awful. We had planned to go walk around but I couldn´t even leave the room. Today is better, I am going slowly on juice, so hopefully that will help. Ugh, this has NOT been as easy as it was for my mom. :( I am jealous.

Yeah, she looked at me at one point and said ´´this is NOT as easy as you said it was!´´