don't be afraid of unfills

It's been one week since my slight unfill and I feel GREAT! With only 1.4 cc's in my 4 cc band I can eat everything (including small amounts of bread and pasta) and nothing is getting stuck, and I still lost one pound this week, even without exercising. You don't need to be so tight that you are miserable. I was SO scared that if I wasn't super restricted, I'd gain. In fact, the opposite will happen and you will likely plateau or even gain if you are not getting enough calories in. That said, I hope to never have a complete unfill again (which I've done twice) because that is too hard for me and always results in a weight-gain. Just try to find that happy medium. The doctors know what they are doing when they say you should be eating three small meals per day- not starving yourself.

Sabrina:)

• Like 2

It's been one week since my slight unfill and I feel GREAT! With only 1.4 cc's in my 4 cc band I can eat everything (including small amounts of bread and pasta) and nothing is getting stuck, and I still lost one pound this week, even without exercising. You don't need to be so tight that you are miserable. I was SO scared that if I wasn't super restricted, I'd gain. In fact, the opposite will happen and you will likely plateau or even gain if you are not getting enough calories in. That said, I hope to never have a complete unfill again (which I've done twice) because that is too hard for me and always results in a weight-gain. Just try to find that happy medium. The doctors know what they are doing when they say you should be eating three small meals per day- not starving yourself.

Sabrina:)

Sabrina - you teach me sooo much. I am thankful you are here and talk about what is really going on. Great post!

Thanks!

Angie

Its time for me to get a little out also. I am missarable, in the mornings I cant even get my protien shake in. I did better right after surgery with out anything in my band. I didnt gain any because I was more concious of what I was eating. This year plateu has to stop now........