Smoothies?

Awesome, thanks!

Hi there! I was banded a couple of days after you were - we almost did dinner together the day after your surgery, but you weren't feeling up to it! What day are you starting the creamy soups? The paperwork says 7-10 days (I think) but Dr. Miranda circled the 10 days. Just curious.

Yeah, creamy soups are day 7-11, she circled 11 on mine, too. I would LOVE to wait until day 11, but don't know if I will be able to. I almost had some today (today is day 7 for me) but I somehow made it without having any. Today was really hard and I am hoping that when I get back to work tomorrow it will be a little easier. My plan is to start cream soups on Wednesday, which is day 10 for me. Let's hope I can make it... I am dying for something with substance.

I had also messaged Dr. Miranda at one point about smoothies and here is her response -- "Yes fruit smoothies will not hurt your band bbuuuttt they are high in calories so just have a little bit!

Dr. Miranda"

Just so everyone knows!

I still drink smoothies and use it as a meal replacement. Many smoothies are highly caloric but some smoothies like those at Smoothie King and Robek's have more controlled calories. Both of those places provide all the nutritional information for every smoothie they make and I usually have them add a protien boost to it. At Robek's the 24 oz (this is huge to me) is about 400 calories. They go down great and are healthy too.

Kim

I still drink smoothies and use it as a meal replacement. Many smoothies are highly caloric but some smoothies like those at Smoothie King and Robek's have more controlled calories. Both of those places provide all the nutritional information for every smoothie they make and I usually have them add a protien boost to it. At Robek's the 24 oz (this is huge to me) is about 400 calories. They go down great and are healthy too.

Kim

Great point Kim! When I was attending the WW meetings before becoming an on-line member I would stop by Robecks afterwards on Sunday mornings and treat myself to the 16 ounce peach smoothie w/ a boost for 170 calories. I LOVE how Robecks has the nutritional value of all their smoothies right by the counter.

Whether you buy your smoothies from a chain, bottled or make them yourself there are so many low calorie alternative out there to choose from. Just be aware and start reading lables for peice of mind. Oh! Also pay attention to serving size as many bottled smoothies may have more then one serving.