Has anyone had a bad experience with the OCC?

Hi Everyone,

I pretty sure I am going to get a lap band from the OCC. Is everyone pretty happy with their experience? I live in San Diego, so it will be easy for

me to get to the OCC office. I've seen only positive experiences on this board so far. Does anyone else have anything else to say. I appreciate anything you could tell me.

Thanks!

Heidi

Janelle,

Have you gotten your first fill yet? I've heard great things about the OCC and quite honestly the doctors look very cute. I had a friend who

was banded by them about four years ago.

What do you think of your band so far? Looks like you've dropped over 20 pounds already. Good for you girl!

Heidi

Nope, no fills yet. I am still on my 3 week post-op liquid diet!! I am afraid I will gain a little back when I get on solid foods, but that is ok. I am being patient and eventually I will get to my sweet spot and have all the restriction I want. My first fill will be around the beginning of April, so I am excited about that, but right now I am more excited about eating some real food on Monday!

All my experience there was great! The only thing I can even come up with and it's really not that big of a deal is that I never heard from them once I left. But really if there were any issues I could have called them, but I guess a quick follow up email/phone call would have been nice. But they knew I had someone lined up at home for aftercare so not a big deal. I would recommend anyone there and was quite frankly cleaner and more efficient than many hospitals/drs offices i've been to in the US. My mom was in the medical profession for a very long time and is very picky and she still raves about it!

I had a great experience. I had some pretty bad pain after surgery (ended up just being some spasms) and they came to the hotel immediately, picked me up and brought me back for tests.

Dr. Ortiz then called me the next day and 2-3 days another doctor called and checked on me (can't remember which one)

I can't think of anything negative at all....

The 3 week liquid diet has been HARD at times, but you just have to remind yourself that you HAVE to do it, there is NO choice, and you get through it. I feel like an old pro now, I only have a few days left of it. Soup for breakfast lunch and dinner just seems normal now lol.

I am actually not going to OCC for my fills, unfortunately. :( I really wish I could, but I just can't afford it, I don't live close, so I would have to fly down and try to do it in 1 day and it just didn't seem to work out timewise. Then if I stay over night it is even MORE expensive. There is a really good fill doctor in Eugene here, and I am going to her, it will only cost me like $150 (she gives a discount if you bring in your unemployment info!! How awesome is that!) If I wasn't so poor right now due to the #&^$&* economy, I would probably go to OCC. But this doctore comes HIGHLY recommended, so it is my next best choice.

Hi Everyone,

I pretty sure I am going to get a lap band from the OCC. Is everyone pretty happy with their experience? I live in San Diego, so it will be easy for

me to get to the OCC office. I've seen only positive experiences on this board so far. Does anyone else have anything else to say. I appreciate anything you could tell me.

Thanks!

Heidi

I have had a great experience from the time of surgery to each fill (2) :wub: The band is a tool not a magic weight loss surgery :wub:

Janelle,

So you have already lost 22 pounds in less then a month? Did you lose some of that weight before surgery? That is awesome!

Heidi

First off, it is 22.7!! :P That is including the pre-op diet as well. I lost 11.5 on the pre-op diet and the rest afterwards. The weight loss stopped suddenly when I switched to creamy soups, but that is ok, it hasn't gone up one bit (literally, it is still the exact same weight).