Maybe I'm crazy, BUT.....

I just had my 1st fill this morning and am having a MUCH harder time feeling full on my clear liquids after the fill than I did after the surgery. I am STARVING! I've had a box of chicken broth, a can of veggie broth, a Fusion fruit juice, coffee and just made some green tea because my stomach is audible! And to make it worse, I am working late tonight, until 10:30 and I am so hungry and grumpy that I just wanna jump through the phone and punch someone! Wow, sorry, guys. I had to vent. Anyway, this is my 1st fill so I'm not sure if this is normal. One more day of torture and on to mushies. Anyone else notice a difference between liquids after surgery vs liquids after a fill?? Just curious... Thanks!

And be cautious with you replies, I may just jump through the computer and punch YOU! haha! :)

I just had my 1st fill this morning and am having a MUCH harder time feeling full on my clear liquids after the fill than I did after the surgery. I am STARVING! I've had a box of chicken broth, a can of veggie broth, a Fusion fruit juice, coffee and just made some green tea because my stomach is audible! And to make it worse, I am working late tonight, until 10:30 and I am so hungry and grumpy that I just wanna jump through the phone and punch someone! Wow, sorry, guys. I had to vent. Anyway, this is my 1st fill so I'm not sure if this is normal. One more day of torture and on to mushies. Anyone else notice a difference between liquids after surgery vs liquids after a fill?? Just curious... Thanks!

And be cautious with you replies, I may just jump through the computer and punch YOU! haha! :)

I don't know the answer to your question. I had my third fill today and I'm also STARVING!!! Didn't have that with my first two fills, so whether it's normal or not, I'm not sure. Try more juice--it has more calories than broth, BUT be ready for the runs! (Now I'm trying to be like Angie with TMI--lol!)

Im confused regarding the fill process. Does the fill Dr. tell the patient how much he will inject into the band, or does the patient tell him how much they want? Thanks my friends :)

The doctor will determine how much you need based upon your body's ability to handle the amount of saline injected. My first fill was with fluoro with Dr. So at OCC. He tried to inject 4ccs, but that was too much because we could see that the barium wasn't passing through the band, so he decreased it to 3ccs. However, two of my bandmates got 4ccs on their first fills with no problem. So it just depends--everybody is different.

For me it is all mental. No idea how I was able to do 21 days of liquids just fine, but then after a fill it is like torture those 24 or 48 hours after it! But it happens to me too. But just go back to those rules from the 21 days - keep drinking until you aren't full. Don't focus on calories at that time.