JUNE SURGERIES AND FILLS

June? June is the month that has the longest days of the year. Most of the kids are out of school. Family's start hitting the road and go places on their vacation. Your taking charge of your life and have decided to have weight loss surgery (WLS). The June topic is the place to meet patients that have also scheduled their WLS or fill. So lets hear from all of you that will be having your surgery or fill during the month of June.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I just got my insurance approval yesterday and my surgery scheduled for June 2! I'm excited and nervous but know that this is the right thing for me. I've struggled with weight pretty much my entire life. I've been able to loose weight with diet and LOTS of exercise before but can't seem to keep any of it off. In fact, I gain more weight each time. I'm really looking forward to having this tool help me loose the 130 pounds I need to loose and keep it off!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, My name is Sherri and I am booked for a Lap Band on June 2nd. I am excited and scared at the same time. I wanted to start on the Pre Diet today but I had to go to a party where they served lunch with lots of desserts. I also went out to dinner with my husband and kids. I guess this is the reason I just can't loose weight on my own. I hope to drop a few pounds before my surgery but I keep thinking to myself I better eat now before I have the surgery and I can't have those bad kinds of food anymore.

Sherri Rehder

Memphis TN

Wt 238

Hello, my name is Terri. My surgery is scheduled for June 3rd and I will be staying at the Lucerna Hotel. I am nervous about traveling to Mexico. :unsure:

Hello, my name is Terri. My surgery is scheduled for June 3rd and I will be staying at the Lucerna Hotel. I am nervous about traveling to Mexico. :unsure:

Terri,

I will be having surgery the day before you on the 2nd. What time do you arrive?

I am going to be staying at the Lucerna too.

I wonder if we might bump into each .

Sherri

I will be flying in to San Diego on June 2 @ 10:20am. We will have to try and get together.

Terry I had my surgery in April. I can't say enough about what a positive experience it was. We actually had a great time. I will be there on the 4th for my first fill and am also staying at the Lucerna. Look me up I would be more than happy to share my experience. I am scheduled for a fill at 1:30pm then I am going to check in at the hotel. I plan to go down to Revolution Ave getting some Cuban cigars and coming back to the hotel and having a dip in the pool. I leave the next day. You will do great and soon you will be telling people how easy it was GoodLuck hope to see you there. TC RCR

Hi,

I am trying to schedule my first fill for June 2nd. Are you travelling alone to the OCC? I will fly in on June 2nd (be there around noon) and leave the next day. I understand your concern about going to Mexico. I was there in April for my surgery and didn't have any problems whatsoever. My sister and I walked down to the Rio Plaza mall where they have some great VIP movie theaters (all recliners!) and did some shopping. We took a taxi a couple of times as well without any problems.

Let me know if you want to try to hook up. I am going to stay at the Lucerna - I stayed there in April and it was great.

Debbie

My surgery is scheduled for June 4 2010. I am coming from Calgary Alberta alone and am staying at the Mariott hotel. Why does everyone enjoy the Lucerna better?

I am nervouse about going down alone, but I am sure all will be ok :)

My surgery is scheduled for June 4 2010. I am coming from Calgary Alberta alone and am staying at the Mariott hotel. Why does everyone enjoy the Lucerna better?

I stayed at the Marriott and it was wonderful. The staff were so helpful and it was a very nice facility...

• Like 1

Hi,

I am trying to schedule my first fill for June 2nd. Are you travelling alone to the OCC? I will fly in on June 2nd (be there around noon) and leave the next day. I understand your concern about going to Mexico. I was there in April for my surgery and didn't have any problems whatsoever. My sister and I walked down to the Rio Plaza mall where they have some great VIP movie theaters (all recliners!) and did some shopping. We took a taxi a couple of times as well without any problems.

Let me know if you want to try to hook up. I am going to stay at the Lucerna - I stayed there in April and it was great.

Debbie

Hey Debbie, I will have my cousin (Lisa) traveling with me. We scheduled our surgeries together. :) I am also meeting my husbands cousin (Nikki) out there. She is scheduled for her first fill on the 3rd.

That would be great if we could meet.

Hey Debbie, I will have my cousin (Lisa) traveling with me. We scheduled our surgeries together. :) I am also meeting my husbands cousin (Nikki) out there. She is scheduled for her first fill on the 3rd.

That would be great if we could meet.

Hi Terri,

That would be great if we could meet up! I fly into San Diego at 11:48 am and I saw that you arrive at 10:20 am? Maybe we'll meet at the OCC if you are getting your pre-op labs done and I'll be coming in for my first fill!

I am hoping to do some shopping that afternoon and go to the VIP cinemas! I had a great time when I was there for my surgery. The day before we went to the movies and shopped, and then the day after my surgery I went back to the movies and shopped some as well! It was all good!

Debbie

I am planning on going for my first fill on 6/22. I am debating on whether to stay the night. I really don't want to and unlike others who shop and go see movies in TJ. I don't like being there and can't wait to leave. I will be by my self and it makes me uncomfortable.

To leave that night or stay? I am driving myself crazy! :)

I am planning on going for my first fill on 6/22. I am debating on whether to stay the night. I really don't want to and unlike others who shop and go see movies in TJ. I don't like being there and can't wait to leave. I will be by my self and it makes me uncomfortable.

To leave that night or stay? I am driving myself crazy! smile.gif

I would boggie on down the road or stay in SD. It's your first fill. Not saying something couldn't happen, but odds are on your first fill you are good to get down the road. That is my opinion.

I went alone to Mexico and trust me you don't feel alone and the hotels are safe. I never felt uncomfortable or in danger at all the whole time I was there. I even went to the gym in the middle of the night and walked for a little while the day after surgery. I was a little nervous as well but 9 chances out of 10 there will be other patients with you at the same hotel and taking the same shuttle to and from the hotel and the OCC.

I'd go alone again if I had to. There really isn't anything to worry about. All these crazy stories people hear about bad things happening in TJ seem to be the people out looking for trouble. I don't think that those going to the OCC are out trying to go clubbing - they are there for surgery -

I have scheduled my surgery for June 17! I've made my down payment and bought my plane ticket and I can't wait!!

I am scheduled on he 17th as well...excited and nervous

Hello All,

For those who are getting surgery don't worry everything is going to be fine. I had my surgery on 5/14 and so far I've lost 20lbs. The Staff at OCC and the Marriot where awesome. The Lucerna is very closed to the Mall if you like to shop. Maybe when I go in July for my first fill I'll stay there so that I can go shopping!!!!!! I went with my husband to OCC but for my first fill I'll probably go with my 19yrs old daughter because it 's very safe. OCC picks you up at the San Diego airport and drive you to the door step of OCC and to your hotel. I wish everyone well on your surgeries and please let me know how your first fill is like.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences!

Hi CC, I think a lot of us stay at the Lucerna because it's close to OCC, shopping, there is a small store across the street and it's a very nice Hotel. I will be returning on 6/4 for my first fill and I am again staying at the Lucerna. TC RCR

I feel this Pre-Op Diet is making me cranky. I know I will stick with it but it is funny how I am seeing how I usually deal with food. If I have a bad day. I usually go for a glass of wine and dinner. Now, I just suck it up and go home and have my lean cusine and then jump in the Jacuzzi!