Second day on SOLID FOOD

I was wondering what others felt like on the solid food right after the liquid diet. My first day was yesterday and I was able to eat very little. When I ate, I would have this very uncomfortable feeling. It was not really pain, just uncomfortable...feeling like the food took forever to go down and it was so intense, I was finding that I would stop eating because it was not worth it to me. Originally I thought that since I had not had solid food for so long, this was my body saying "what is this stuff"? I followed the rules of chewing, small bites dooh da dooh da...but could not get passed that feeling while eating. This feeling soon passed after I stopped eating. I was not hungry, but I know I did not eat enough yesterday. This could be good or bad. I will watch to see if this continues but would really appreciate any information anyone has about their first meal(s) after the liquid diet.

Thanks in Advance

I ate semi-mushies the first few days and did not give up liquids completely for some meals. For example, I was still doing soups for lunch or dinner. My "first" meal?? Split Pea Soup from Whole Foods :lol:

I gradually intoduced solids over the course of a week.

Sounds to me like you may want to chew chew chew a bit more. AND....you may have restriction from the get go, which is more of a learning curve. For me, eating was easy breeze. I had no heavy, or stuck feelings. Did have those issues till a few fills down the line.

If it is true that you have restriction now, you will need to slow down. I realize I will be repeating myself, but CHEW CHEW CHEW your food. For me, each fill was a learning curve. With each fill I learned to chew better and better....you may not have the time I had with the learning curve and may need to master the chewing art early on. Even when you think you have chewed your food great, you may be surpised to see that is not so.

I suggest you do something icky. Take a bit of something and chew it up as well as you would before swallowing. Instead of swallowing spit it out and give it a look over. See if there are chunks left from chewing....if there are....you will know you need to kick it up knotch.

HTH,

Angie

• Like 1

I suggest you do something icky. Take a bit of something and chew it up as well as you would before swallowing. Instead of swallowing spit it out and give it a look over. See if there are chunks left from chewing....if there are....you will know you need to kick it up knotch.

Great idea Angie!! I am going to start incorporating this myself!

Sounds to me like you may want to chew chew chew a bit more. AND....you may have restriction from the get go, which is more of a learning curve. For me, eating was easy breeze. I had no heavy, or stuck feelings. Did have those issues till a few fills down the line.

If it is true that you have restriction now, you will need to slow down. I realize I will be repeating myself, but CHEW CHEW CHEW your food. For me, each fill was a learning curve. With each fill I learned to chew better and better....you may not have the time I had with the learning curve and may need to master the chewing art early on. Even when you think you have chewed your food great, you may be surpised to see that is not so.

HTH,

Angie

Thank You Angie,

I think I am going to take your advise and chew chew chew, and then do the "icky" thing you suggested. LOL I thought I was chewing quite enough, but after reading your suggestion, I think you just may be right. I chewed and chewed but something is causing that "feeling" and I will do what it takes to do this right.

Thank You Again....you don't know how helpful you wonderul folk are.

All My Best

Appy

I ate semi-mushies the first few days and did not give up liquids completely for some meals. For example, I was still doing soups for lunch or dinner. My "first" meal?? Split Pea Soup from Whole Foods :lol:

I gradually intoduced solids over the course of a week.

Thank You!

With your suggestions, I will work on this until I get it right. AngieB gave me an interesting way to look at this too. I am going to take both suggestions and work this out. Thank you so much for your information. You folk are GREAT!

All My Best,

Appy

Hi all,

I have five days until solid food and I am reading all these ideas and comments in anticipation..thanks for all the good ideas..since it took me a while to learn to "sip" properly, I'm guessing I will have a chewing learning curve as well..so the idea of chewing will be my focus on Friday...

Now, my problem is just the opposite - I have had no problem introducing solid food, I do find myself fuller faster and have been chewing up to the point where it really isn't necessary to swallow :-) But I am afraid I am going to gain back what I lost before I can get my first fill. I'm sticking to 1200 calories but the weight loss has stopped.