Perspective patient looking for feedback

galactic9

Hi everyone, my name is Amber. I am 23 and am looking into having the Lap Band put on in May. I am not overweight enough to have the surgery done in the US, so I am looking for alternative options. I have, for obvious reasons, concerns about getting an operation in TJ. For those of you who have already been through this, how was it? How were the facilities? How quickly did you recover? Any infections? How was the staff...friendly, helpful, knowledgable, rude, inexperienced? Would you recommend Dr. Ortiz to your friends? How about your children? How do you feel now? Are you losing weight?

I would appreciate anything that you can tell me that will help me make as informed a decision as possible! :D

Thanks!

Amber

Hi Amber

I went to Dr. Ortiz and I have had nothing but awonderful experience. I would reccomend him to anyone , family friends even strangers.

He is the best, his facilities are very nice and clean , the hotel is beautiful and his staff is awesome. The entire Obesity Control Center tea mwil ltake great care of you. They all speak perfect english, no language barrier. I recovered the next day, I went shopping in TJ. I had no infections. Ifeel great and I have lost 84 lbs and it will be 1 year on April 6th. Good luck on your decision, if I can answer any other questions for you please feel free to send me a message.

I was very happy with my experience with Dr. Ortiz. I've had more contact with his assistant, Dr. Martinez and I really like Dr. Martinez, too.

If you want, I'll email you my journal entries from my trip. I go into lots of detail. Just PM me with your contact info.

Hello!

I would like to highly recommend Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez to you. I had my surg in Jan and it was a wonderful experience. I am a Registered Nurse with 20 years experience in OR. There was nothing but the best in Mexico. The cleanest rooms, equipment,trained staff, ect. They did everything to make sure you succeed it this PERMANENT wt loss adventure.

I shout "permanent" because nothing else has worked. It always comes back. You are too young to live your life like I did, up to this point. I have always hated the way I look. FAT! Clothes don't fit, I hate shopping for fat clothes. I think I lack self esteem and don't want to be around people, they seem to judge you by how much you weigh. I want my weight to be a non issue.

Then there is the fact that if you continue to be heavy, you are at risk for diabetes, high blood pressure, well, you know the story. 300,000 preventable deaths occur annually in the US , second only to preventable deaths caused by smoking. More than 50% of all deaths among adult US women can be attributed to obesity. Diets, exercise and medications can help you lose 10% of body wt but we tend to regain 2/3 of it in a year and almost all of it in five years.

That's how I have lived. A yo-yo diet all my life. When I was your age I starved myself for a beauty pageant, I wanted to win to prove to myself and others that I was pretty. What a mess! I was so hungry I was suicidal. How dumb is that? You are young. Do whatever it takes to make this wt loss permanent.

Sorry for the length.

Julie