JULY SURGERIES AND FILLS

I will absolutely let ya'll know how everything goes! I asked my husband to write a daily journal about our trip as we go. If he actually follows through, I'll post the results. I'll even include personal annotations! So far all I know is that this pre-op diet is a thumbs down. I just have to keep telling myself it's for a good cause...

I took my daughter over to my mom's house tonight, and, spawn of the devil that my mother is, a whole brisket had been prepared. I will admit to having a half sandwich even though I shouldn't have. I've already lost almost half of the .5% weight necessary, so I am comforting myself in this knowledge. I still have 4 of my 7 days of pre-diet to go.

• Like 1

Well I just started this whole crazy process. I am hoping to get a July date, we will see. I live in So Cal so the drive for me isn't too bad. Too excited to sleep. B)

YAYYYY!!!!! July 16th. I am so excited.

Congratulations! My date is 07-28-10 and i am just as excited as you i have already started my preop diet and have lost 10 lbs i started a week early to make sure i lose the 13 lbs that im suppose to.. i was so worried about this.take care and keep us posted how things go.

I will absolutely let ya'll know how everything goes! I asked my husband to write a daily journal about our trip as we go. If he actually follows through, I'll post the results. I'll even include personal annotations! So far all I know is that this pre-op diet is a thumbs down. I just have to keep telling myself it's for a good cause...

I took my daughter over to my mom's house tonight, and, spawn of the devil that my mother is, a whole brisket had been prepared. I will admit to having a half sandwich even though I shouldn't have. I've already lost almost half of the .5% weight necessary, so I am comforting myself in this knowledge. I still have 4 of my 7 days of pre-diet to go.

I'm with you on the pre-op diet. Luckily, my husband is doing the pre-op diet with me (for the most part) to be supportive. And, my teenager was feeling left out, so she does Lean Cuisine and salad with us for dinner. I fluctuate between 6 and 8 pounds lost. It has to be water weight because I've been very strict. I look forward to reading your journals. I think I'm going to video tape my journey. I want to look back on it and remember the process. Hopefully, a year from now we will all be amazed at our progress.

YAYYYY!!!!! July 16th. I am so excited.

Congrats CaliGirl! I'm a Southern California girl, too. Where in So Cal are you? I live in Moreno Valley and work in Riverside. My surgery is just a few days after you. We'll be going through this journey together! I look forward to hearing all about your progress.

Well, my husband and I are getting on a place bound for San Diego in T minus five hours! I'm getting nervous that I will forget something important at my house, but hopefully my list making skills will prove their worth. Please wish me luck! I just keep telling myself that this is nothing compared to the emergency C-section I had four months ago...I hope I'm right.

And btw to Wanabethin - I've heard that you can take Gas X strips to help with that :)

I have scheduled my first fill for July 30 -- going to bring my 12yo son with me this time, will be his first trip out of the country...

I brought by 11 year old daughter and my mom with me when I had my surgery. They had fun together at the Marriott ordering room service and swimming when I was having my surgery

Well, my husband and I are getting on a place bound for San Diego in T minus five hours! I'm getting nervous that I will forget something important at my house, but hopefully my list making skills will prove their worth. Please wish me luck! I just keep telling myself that this is nothing compared to the emergency C-section I had four months ago...I hope I'm right.

And btw to Wanabethin - I've heard that you can take Gas X strips to help with that :)

Best of Luck on your surgery. The lap band surgery will be a piece of cake compared to a C-section. I was up walking five minutes after my surgery without any pain. I did use the Gas X strips about an hour before the surgery and for 24hours after surgery and did not feel much gas pain...

Leaving to Tijuana in a few hours. I am so excited to embark on this new journey in my life. I have lost 10 lbs on the pre-op diet in 7 days. Almost makes me question whether I could really loose the weight with good old fashioned self control. Ya right! Who am I kidding. For the bezillionth time I would loose 15-20 lbs and gain back 30! YAY finally I get to be the person on the outside that I feel like on the inside. I swear I have a skinny girl trapped inside me that's been trying to eat her way out for years :lol: Wish me luck and pray for a speedy recovery for me. The rest is up to me and my new little tool.

Leaving to Tijuana in a few hours. I am so excited to embark on this new journey in my life. I have lost 10 lbs on the pre-op diet in 7 days. Almost makes me question whether I could really loose the weight with good old fashioned self control. Ya right! Who am I kidding. For the bezillionth time I would loose 15-20 lbs and gain back 30! YAY finally I get to be the person on the outside that I feel like on the inside. I swear I have a skinny girl trapped inside me that's been trying to eat her way out for years :lol: Wish me luck and pray for a speedy recovery for me. The rest is up to me and my new little tool.

Cali Girl.

Maybe I will see you at the OCC or the Marriott this weekend. My friend and I will be at the OCC on Saturday for a fill at 10am and then should be outside at the pool after that. Is your surgery today or tomorrow?

Post when you can after your surgery. I used the OCC computers right after my surgery to email my friends that I was alive and well. Many of my friends and family thought I had lost my mind going to Mexico for surgery. LOL

You hang in there

Sherri from Memphis

I was banded last Friday 7/2/2010 and I have been doing nothing but broth and water / juice. I physically look like I am losing in some places but when I got on the scale, it says that I have gained since I have left the hospital. I havent had one solid bite of anything and I am following the liquids perfectly. Is something wrong ? why would I be gaining ?

Broth is high in sodium and causes some water retention. This is normal. you'll pee it out in no time :rolleyes:

Cali Girl.

Maybe I will see you at the OCC or the Marriott this weekend. My friend and I will be at the OCC on Saturday for a fill at 10am and then should be outside at the pool after that. Is your surgery today or tomorrow?

Post when you can after your surgery. I used the OCC computers right after my surgery to email my friends that I was alive and well. Many of my friends and family thought I had lost my mind going to Mexico for surgery. LOL

You hang in there

Sherri from Memphis

You can look for me, I will be in a black bathing suit with tiny white polka dots, Oh and my name is Rhonda. We are leaving as soon as my husband gets back from running errands. I live about 1 1/2 hours from OCC. Can't wait to just get there and do my pre-ops so at least I feel like this ball is rolling. I am 223 today. Woot woot! Down 10 lbs since pre-op diet. My surgery is tomorrow Friday 7/16/2010.

u\

you will be just fine. wishing you lots of luck!

You can look for me, I will be in a black bathing suit with tiny white polka dots, Oh and my name is Rhonda. We are leaving as soon as my husband gets back from running errands. I live about 1 1/2 hours from OCC. Can't wait to just get there and do my pre-ops so at least I feel like this ball is rolling. I am 223 today. Woot woot! Down 10 lbs since pre-op diet. My surgery is tomorrow Friday 7/16/2010.

congratulations!!! on the ten pounds! let us know how the surgery goes!ill be there 07/28/10 cant wait...

I am now scheduled for July 26th. Was scheduled for June 28th but passport as not shown up. So disappointed. I am so ready for this, I can't wait. This past few weeks went by so fast just hoping the next month seems the same way. JULY 26TH will my personal INDEPENDENCE DAY. :D

My surgery date is July 26th too! We are flying in on the 25th. I can't believe it is only 11 days away...nervous but mostly excited. Everyone makes it sound so easy...I hope my surgery and results go as well.

My surgery date is July 26th too! We are flying in on the 25th. I can't believe it is only 11 days away...nervous but mostly excited. Everyone makes it sound so easy...I hope my surgery and results go as well.

We are also flying in on the 25th. Land in San Diego around 11:30am. It will be fun to meet, up. If not at the hotel at least on the Van ride over to the Clinic the morning of the 26th.

We are also flying in on the 25th. Land in San Diego around 11:30am. It will be fun to meet, up. If not at the hotel at least on the Van ride over to the Clinic the morning of the 26th.

I don't think we fly in until around 1 or 2...I'll have to check my tickets again. Are people supportive of your "mexico" surgery or are they worried. I've had to keep mine pretty hush-hush to keep the judgement out of my life right now. Again, very excited to know someone else going through this the very same day.

congratulations!!! on the ten pounds! let us know how the surgery goes!ill be there 07/28/10 cant wait...

Good Luck! My surgery day is the 26th...let me know how yours goes...I'm still a little nervous for post-banded life.

Well I just got banded. OCC is very clean, safe and professional. No pain so far.They said I can just go back to the hotel with my husband tonight. That way we wont be apart. Besides the beds at the Marriot are very comphy. Now back to my walking. The more you walk the faster you heal. Feeling great!

Well I just got banded. OCC is very clean, safe and professional. No pain so far.They said I can just go back to the hotel with my husband tonight. That way we wont be apart. Besides the beds at the Marriot are very comphy. Now back to my walking. The more you walk the faster you heal. Feeling great!

Wow, posting the day of surgery...that's impressive! It makes me feel so much better that someone first hand thinks the facility is safe and professional. Hope I handle it as well as you on the 26th. Keep me posted on the hurdles of the next 21 days.

Hey everyone! I'm back home and settling in. I had a pretty good experience at OCC, although my husband and I both thought the nurses were a little snippy. I didn't wake up from the anestesia for FOUR HOURS even though the surgery was just 25 minutes long. To be honest, I've been kind of miserable. I have had some painful dry heaving/burping and nausea if I let my stomach get empty. I am so ready to be able to eat solid foods, because I feel like that might help. I feel so bad that I haven't been keeping up with my walking like I should, which means that I feel worse for not walking out the gas...it's a vicious cycle. I just want to feel better! I don't know how I'm going to start getting ready and going to work in another week if things don't start looking up. Bleh.