Shape Up Shoes

I don't have personal experience, but my co-worker wears them every day on our lunch hour walks, she raves about them and has sketcher sandles she wears during the day....

I wear the regular on tennis shoes. For me getting out and walking is enough for me and I bought a $33 pair of addidas. That is me, I have a long way to go before I get to worry about toning....

Hi,

I myself use Earth Shoes, not so much for the added exercise but more for the alignment they help with for my back...Either way these are wonderful shoes which I have worn for 4 years...my back feels so much better and I can feel the burn when I walk the track with them. I am a clinical manager and on my feet everday...Love 'em..you can check them out on google search. Good luck with your choice.

Regards,

Michele

Shape Up Shoes

Has anyone tried these shoes? Do you think they are worth the $100 they cost? Any feed back would be helpful.

Thanks

KJ

Hi,

I don't have a pair but a friend of mine does. She teaches yoga and walks with our group. She loves them and thinks they work. I can't afford them or I would buy them to try..lol I wear new balance 1224's lol and get them at Big 5 when they are on sale :)

i heard they're a waste of money.. google them. BUT i don't own any.

I read an article that stated they didn't do anything for your butt. The article stated to get the results that was hinted at in the commercial, you needed to join a gym.

Shape Up Shoes

Has anyone tried these shoes? Do you think they are worth the $100 they cost? Any feed back would be helpful.

Thanks

KJ

Well, I am a sucker and bought a pair. They were on sale and i had a 30% off coupon at Kohls. I paid $72. Not terrible price. I walked in them last night for the first time. I walked the same route i always walk in the same amount of time. Today, my leg and butt muscles and noticibly sore. Like anything in life, i am sure they are not a miracle shoe but hey. everylittle bit helps right! :)

• 1 month later...

I have them and I love them I believe they work :rolleyes:

Well, I am a sucker and bought a pair. They were on sale and i had a 30% off coupon at Kohls. I paid $72. Not terrible price. I walked in them last night for the first time. I walked the same route i always walk in the same amount of time. Today, my leg and butt muscles and noticibly sore. Like anything in life, i am sure they are not a miracle shoe but hey. everylittle bit helps right! :)

I bought some of the Sketcher Shape Ups when I started my pre-op diet. They are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. I can feel multiple leg muscles (including glutes) working. No pain included though, and I use to walk 3 miles (the entire lenght of a bike/walk path where I live) pre-op. I think they're worth it, and they look nice. I've had higher brand names like Nike Shocks, New Balance and Asics, and cheaper brands from Walmart, but none of them were as comfortable as the Sketchers - no need to wear them in. Although it's probably difficult to do much more than a forward moving motion in them due to the shape, unless you're use to them.

But to each their own. Everyone's different.

I say if you're interested try them on at the store and walk for 10 minutes in them.

• 2 months later...

Shape Up Shoes

Thanks

KJ

I have them both in the tennis shoe and in the Mary Jane style. I find them extremely comfortable and can feel a difference in my center of gravity when I walk in them. But do not try them on really uneven paths, at least for me, I felt extremely out of sync.