Post Op

CarrieM

Hi.. newbie here... but i do have a couple of questions. Since my surgery (6 days) I have NO desire to eat anything... i seem to have to force down the protein, everything seems to make my belly yucky.... nothing tastes the same?? I have had a lot of pain, but mostly was the gas leaving... which by the way was worse than the incision. is this all normal?? feel like im not getting enough food/liquids in??

thanks for all the help... already really liking this forum!! :)

Something that was stressed to me was to be sure to get plenty of liquids. You don't want to get dehydrated! Every person is different as far as pain levels and yes to me the gas was the worst. But if I were to describe my pain level it was just mild discomfort and on a scale of 1-10 it would've been a 3. Hope things get better for you and be sure to keep hydrated =)

Hi.. newbie here... but i do have a couple of questions. Since my surgery (6 days) I have NO desire to eat anything... i seem to have to force down the protein, everything seems to make my belly yucky.... nothing tastes the same?? I have had a lot of pain, but mostly was the gas leaving... which by the way was worse than the incision. is this all normal?? feel like im not getting enough food/liquids in??

thanks for all the help... already really liking this forum!! :)

I felt really listless and not hungry at all. I think it is pretty normal. two weeks out I started to get hungry again. I think it is just the period of adjustment your body goes through. That's just my opinion though. Just keep hydrated. Sip sip sip!

I felt really listless and not hungry at all. I think it is pretty normal. two weeks out I started to get hungry again. I think it is just the period of adjustment your body goes through. That's just my opinion though. Just keep hydrated. Sip sip sip!

I went through the same thing it was a struggle that first week to do liquids I just wasn't feeling it. But I made myself do it - keep sipping even though you don't want to. Trust it will change and your hunger will come back! :)

I also had the fuzzy head lethargic stuff too and just know it will go away. Good luck and congrats on your decision!!!