Feel safe in Tijuana ??

AUTigerATL

It depends the time and day. The wait differs when walking across. I have been down there quite often and the longest I have waited is maybe an hour, an hour and a half. And yes, it is safe, you have nothing to worry about. Just stay together. I have gone down there with just myself and another female and we were fine.

I am going for surgery on Friday June 11, 2010 - I will be bringing my wife and I'm very concerned about whether Tijuanna is safe.

Also wanted to know how long the wait was to get back in the U.S. - I've heard it can be several hours

Hi and congrats!

I went to Tijuanna by myself. I felt safe 100% of the time. They picked me up at the airport, drove me to the clinic/hospital/then to the hotel. While heading back to the airport, they drop you off at the door, you walk in and go to the left and show them your passport and out the door you go. It is so so simple! The only wait is in the van waiting to get to the front of the line to exit to show your passport. I have been to OCC 4 times now and have never experienced any issues with going through the boarded. I think the longest I have waited was 40 minutes in the van.

Good Luck and let us know how your tip goes :wub:

Hi,

As mentioned, you will be safe, well taken care of, and very happy when your done. My daughter and I are going down on the 14th for our second fills. The longest I waited was 45 minutes mid day on Friday..this can vary..otherwise..piece of cake!

it's safe as long as you don't do anything foolish and like wander off on your own. just remember if you ask random people on the street for directions or whatever... they are very helpful, but they usually do it for a tip. one guy actually thought i was going to let him get in my car and take to the street i was looking for, but, i told no, and gave him a peso. i was with my bf and he's a big dude so i was ok, so it was kinda funny.

Hi Au, I am in TJ right now I just had my first fill. I have not had any problems here. I am staying at the Marriott and I went done to Avinida Revolution and got some cigars and wandered around a bit. Just like anywhere else if you go looking for trouble it will find you. I have been in worse areas in the States. Congrats on your decision and my best wishes to you TC RCR

Hi Au, I am in TJ right now I just had my first fill. I have not had any problems here. I am staying at the Marriott and I went done to Avinida Revolution and got some cigars and wandered around a bit. Just like anywhere else if you go looking for trouble it will find you. I have been in worse areas in the States. Congrats on your decision and my best wishes to you TC RCR

Hey Kevin - I agree with you. Anyone who has traveled to or lived in a larger city has seen "areas" of town that are *clears throat* slums will agree. Every city has crime and some pretty bad. There are areas of Omaha, NE that I don't frequent, as they are troubled areas. I do not go looking for trouble. Common sense goes hand in hand. Also gotten turned around in Chicago before and ended up in a bad area. *shivers* It was scary but turned out well.

Glad to hear your fill went well. Hope you are having a good time at your family shin dig!

• 4 weeks later...

In regards to returning to the US. I didn't even think about the wait time. The OCC staff picked me up at 630am and I was through the border in less than 15 minutes. So it definitely depends on what time of day you are going. This is my second time going to TJ. The first was for shopping. I look forward to going back.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Our group had quite a bit of wait (90% of it sitting in the bus lane waiting to get out and walk through the customs part) however as far as safety I felt safe except the driving there's crazy and we had $200 lifted from our safe at the Marriott. Overall I thought Tijuana was interesting though!

• 2 months later...