Financing

I am saving money for my surgery and travel expenses since I have until 9/15 for my final payment before surgery. Does OCC have any financing available?

Wondering if anyone has any financial words of wisdom on how they financed their surgery etc...

Thank you!

I know they do have companies that they will give you info on but I didn't use them because the interest rate was off the charts. I was fortunate to be able to take a loaner from my dad. You might also look into loans through your bank that are at a lower rate.

Good luck and congrats on your decision!!!

I used an on-line financing company that the OCC recommended. It took about a week or so to hear back from them, so don't worry. No problems with it - percentage rate varies depending on your credit, but I got a fair rate. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

I used an on-line financing company that the OCC recommended. It took about a week or so to hear back from them, so don't worry. No problems with it - percentage rate varies depending on your credit, but I got a fair rate. Good luck!

What online financing company did OCC suggest?

Thanks.

I did get approved for a medical loan through one of those companies. But the dang interest was over 20%. I have pretty good credit and could not stomach the interest rate so I told them they could keep thier money thank you very much.

That next week I actually got an offer from one of my credit cards for 0% for 12 months with a 2% fee, so I jumped on that. I hate having a balance on my cards but figure I will go ahead and take the year to pay it off since I already paid the fee.

Call your credit card companies and see what they can do for you.

I got a second job and saved for three years beacuse my husband didn't think we should spend "family money" on this. It caused a big divide between us and I still haven't forgiven him 100% but, at the same time, if the money was just "handed to me" and I didn't have to work so hard for it, I don't think I would have taken the surgery so seriously or been so successful.

Sabrina:)