first fill

I had my first fill today. I wasn't able to go back to OCC right now, but went to a doc about an hour away who uses flouroscopy for fills. I had a 4cc fill in a 10cc band and am wondering what to expect. Since my surgery, I have been able to eat whatever. Do you usually feel a difference after the first fill, or does it take more? I'm on liquids for 48 hours currently. I know everyone is different, but does 4cc sound right for a first fill? When I was at the OCC, I met a lady having her first fill - she was given 5cc and felt that it was conservative. Yikes! any advice would be helpful. P.S. It was awesome to see the band!

I had my first fill today. I wasn't able to go back to OCC right now, but went to a doc about an hour away who uses flouroscopy for fills. I had a 4cc fill in a 10cc band and am wondering what to expect. Since my surgery, I have been able to eat whatever. Do you usually feel a difference after the first fill, or does it take more? I'm on liquids for 48 hours currently. I know everyone is different, but does 4cc sound right for a first fill? When I was at the OCC, I met a lady having her first fill - she was given 5cc and felt that it was conservative. Yikes! any advice would be helpful. P.S. It was awesome to see the band!

Just see what happens. Everyone is different. You'll know after the 48 hours is over and you eat some solid foods if you'll have some sort of restriction.

That's the same amount I got for my first fill at the OCC. I know it's hard to be patient at this point, but it will pay off in the long run if you take it slow and really pay attention to your body. Everyone is different and being too tight is much worse than being loose.

Margie

That's the same amount I got for my first fill at the OCC. I know it's hard to be patient at this point, but it will pay off in the long run if you take it slow and really pay attention to your body. Everyone is different and being too tight is much worse than being loose.

Margie

I second that!!! Too tight sucks... In the meanwhile, once you get back on solids, take it slow, chew really well. You may not feel restriction, I did not either after first fill. So if you dont, schedule your next one for about 4 weeks later, and in teh meanwhile, really focus on eating incredibly healthily. Its good practice for later.

Same here, first fill done at OCC and I got 4 ccs put in.

Patience. Isn't that a word we should all commit to memory? :-) I have had tremendous success so far and I pray that it continues. But I have to remind myself daily that it will eventually slow down and there will be days (weeks) where I might lose nothing or even possibly go up. However, the reality is that it took me 37 years to get this big and I am not going to lose it all overnight. Would be awesome if I could, but that isn't going to happen. :-)

So, yeah, patience is a virtue. Just know that if you do what you are supposed to, you will be successful.