How many people cheated post op??

I made it through without cheating. Let me tell you it was very difficult. One night my family had order pizza and I wanted to eat some sooooo badly. I actually took a bite of my niece's pizza and chewed it up then spit it in the garbage just so I could have the taste. Hang in there, it does get better.

Ok, I guess I'm just in an honest mood today :) So in the 2nd week I actually started eating things like very watery cream of wheat as well as baby food. I loved the baby food because I was just SOOOOO hungry! I also ate things like mashed potatoes. I had an actual meal on day 20 instead of 21 :) Now, I'm not endorsing this but it sure kepts me from eating real foods. I had gotten the post op instructions from one of the docs at my hospital and I kinda went by that instead of the OCC rule. This post op allowed you to add "mushies" on day 14....so that's what I did.

Hope this helps and you CAN get through this!!!

Day 17 post op and really struggling. How many people actually made the full 21 days of liquids without cheating??

After I watched the U Tube Dr Ortiz posted about not cheating on the 21 days I made sure to follow his rules.. I did not want to do anything to make my band not work.

Here are a few ideas.

I made Homemade Split Pea Soup and Bear Creek Potato Cheese Potato Cheese Soup after I got sick of the canned soups. I used a cookbook for the split pea but cooked it for longer than the recipe... I then mashed with a potato masher to make sure there were no chunks of peas, potato or carrots..... I used Chicken Broth and no ham. (For the Bear Creek package of dry soup you just add water and cook it on the stove and it makes 2 quarts,) I also made frozen Crystal Lite and protein water special K and froze them. . Freeze for 2-3 hours in a Gatorade or water bottle and then shake it up..

I bought three cookbooks from Amazon.com for Post Wt Loss Surgeries.... ( I got them used and about half price) My favorite is .. Eating Well after Weight Loss Surgery.. It gives what you can eat each week for each kind of surgery.

They have you puree foods up to week 4. Then chop foods well from weeks 4-8. At the OCC we can eat regular food after week 3.

The next is the Complete Idiot's Guide to Eating Well after Weight Loss Surgery. The last one is a gourmet cook book written by Dick Stucki " Cookin' For Weight Loss Patients....He is a wt loss surgery patient.

I spent lots of time reading recipes and making lists of what I wanted to cook... Then I went shopping on day 20....

Hang in there...

Sherri

Day 17 post op and really struggling. How many people actually made the full 21 days of liquids without cheating??

Great post, I was a cheater. I had a strong connection to food. Pre-op diet was hard for me too. At any rate, I switched to pureed foods the end of the last week, but had mini cheats during week two as well. Like *clears throat* poping a slice of hot dog in my mouth sucking the gourmet juices out of it, then chewing it to bits before I spit it out. (And by BTW it was the best slice of hot dog I had tasted in YEARS!!!! LOL)

The last week my saving grace was Panera's broccoli cheese soup. Ahh it was good, and felt like a huge cheat, even after I took out the larger pieces of veggies.

Do what you can. I would have loved to say I completed it successful, but that just isn't my story. I was a cheater!

Shh don't tell! LOL

I didnt cheat. Sucked on a couple butterscotch hard candies, dunno if thats cheating though. I just thought, if I screw this thing up and my band slips, I'll be so friggin mad at myself.

Kept myself busy making yummy soups. And eating popsicles! Mmm!

I personally didn't, because I knew if I didn't have the self control to even pass this 'first step', I wouldn't have any will power for the rest of the journey.