Lap band on 8-13

Hi everyone,

I am brand new and have been scheduled for the lap band with dr Ortiz on 8-13. I have not told anyone and going to Mexico all by myself. Would love to find someone who is going to be there with me so we can have each other. would love to tall to anyone who has gone thru it or will be there with me in 2 weeks.

Hi everyone,

I am brand new and have been scheduled for the lap band with dr Ortiz on 8-13. I have not told anyone and going to Mexico all by myself. Would love to find someone who is going to be there with me so we can have each other. would love to tall to anyone who has gone thru it or will be there with me in 2 weeks.

Hi, I am actually going down to TJ tomorrow morning and then having surgery on Wed so I wont be there when you are. But I will reply to this post after and let you know how things go and what to expect.

Everyone here that has gone through this already talks about how OCC was a great support to them, especially the ones who went down alone.

You are doing the right thing for yourself.

I also have held back from telling anyone, except husband and mom of course. I did not want to defend my choice to others before I even get down there. Not too sure what I am going to say after, might keep it private still and just say I am really cutting back on what I eat.

Which is true...they just dont need to know how I am cutting back! :lol:

Hi, I am actually going down to TJ tomorrow morning and then having surgery on Wed so I wont be there when you are. But I will reply to this post after and let you know how things go and what to expect.

Everyone here that has gone through this already talks about how OCC was a great support to them, especially the ones who went down alone.

You are doing the right thing for yourself.

I also have held back from telling anyone, except husband and mom of course. I did not want to defend my choice to others before I even get down there. Not too sure what I am going to say after, might keep it private still and just say I am really cutting back on what I eat.

Which is true...they just dont need to know how I am cutting back! :lol:

Thank you for responding. I have been thinking about you all day.

That is exactly what I am going to tell people. I am just eating different. I am in southern California and will be driving down to Mexico. I have not told my husband, mother or best friend. I just do not want to have to explain myself to anyone.

Please let me know how it goes. I soooo wish I was there with you this week.

You will be in good hands! I had my mom go with me, but if I needed to could have totally done it by myself. You are making a good choice best advice I can give you is to read back as far as you can in these forums and take as many notes as you can. I told very few people but as the weight has come off I have been much more open about it to those who I know will be supportive.

Good luck!!!

You will be in good hands! I had my mom go with me, but if I needed to could have totally done it by myself. You are making a good choice best advice I can give you is to read back as far as you can in these forums and take as many notes as you can. I told very few people but as the weight has come off I have been much more open about it to those who I know will be supportive.

Good luck!!!

Thank you so much. My biggest concern is the port. Can you feel it and does it bug you? I keep reading all the forums and it hard to tell.

Hello Honey Hubo111,

I am sitting here at OCC post banding right now. Everything went great and so easy.

You will be fine on your own!

My stomach does hurt but feels like I ate way too much at a bad buffett (I know that feeling well and it wont kill me!)

I had to stay the night here at the clinic because I have a little bit of bleeding into my skin which is not a big deal but I feel better being here.

The hotel is pretty clean and their soups are a good dinner. I did not want to eat any big Mexican food meals the night before because of gas issues.

They were over two hours late picking us up at the airport but that was due to traffic on the Mexican side. So after having fasted all day it was too late to go to the clinic to get my labs and tests done, this kinda upset me at first.

But when we all got here this morning everything went so smoothly, it was in no way delayed by not getting it all done yesterday.

I recommend getting the tests the same morning of your surgery, you just have to be at the clinic by 7a.m.

Are you driving into Mexico or just to the boarder and then getting a taxi.

Try not to stress to much, easier said than done.

You are making the right decision for yourself. Kinda harsh not to tell your husband though...but we all have to do what is right for ourselves. I also did not want to explain my reasonings to others.

My email is mangkon97@yahoo.com feel free to contact me anytime with any questions.

Maybe we could come down together for our first fills! I live up near Sacramento so it is only a 90min flight for me to SanDiego.

Good luck and hope to meet you some day,

ErinRed

Hi Erin,

I hope you are felling okay. It sounds like everything went well?

I cannot thank you enough for your reply. I am so glad you reached out to me. I noticed your weight when you started and we are very close to the same. I have 50 lbs. to lose too. I so wish we were there together. Would love to chat when you feel better. I live in orange county and it would be nice to get our fills together. Please let me know if you are up for a chat.

Debbie

Edited by Dolittle
no personal phone numbers

Hi everyone,

Hubo, I will be back to the OCC on Aug 28th for my second fill. Wish I was going to be there on the 13th... You will do great.

You are going meet some friends who are having surgery the same day in the waiting room before surgery.

The day I had my surgery we all got up and walked the halls together to help with gas pains. We had five people who stayed the night at the OCC together and kind of had a slumber party that night. The OCC had our family members leave at 4:30pm when visiting hours were over.. The nurses were very nice...

Best Wishes,

Debbie, I should get home tonight at about 8-9. How about I give you a call tomorrow sometime?

My number is , if you ever have any questions feel free to call me. Or better yet my email is

I can check my email at work fairly often. I called in sick this week and then this was my

Sat/Sun off so I will be back to work early Monday Morning.

I have noticed that my port sticks out a little bit but they said that is because I am small on top, all my weight is in my butt and legs. Hopefully when the swelling goes down it is not as noticable.

Talk to you later, Erin

Edited by Dolittle
no personal phone numbers and email