Is burping ok?

DrCif

Hi, I was banded on 7/26/10 (8 days ago) and I have been burping like crazy ever since. Is regular burping different from the Productive Burp everyone is so afraid of happening?? Is this normal at this stage? The first few days the burping of gas was actually quite painful but not anymore. Just wanted to make sure my band was not being compromised.

Thanks,

Christy

Hi, I was banded on 7/26/10 (8 days ago) and I have been burping like crazy ever since. Is regular burping different from the Productive Burp everyone is so afraid of happening?? Is this normal at this stage? The first few days the burping of gas was actually quite painful but not anymore. Just wanted to make sure my band was not being compromised.

Thanks,

Christy

I was definitely gassy after getting my lapband. I was also burping like crazy which is totally normal. I think it's just your body kind of getting used to this foreign object in your body. It's doesn't last and will go away. I was a little concerned after surgery that I'd just be a burping fool - but it's went away. Also, like the previous post - when you get a fill you may have a recurrence of this feeling of being more gassy but it passes too. It's not the same as PB'ing. PB'ing is when your food comes up really without much of a convulsion that you may normally have if you were throwing up.