Worried

This is a question for all you post lap banders. I am getting banded next week and have a few questions.

Does it feel like you have something around your stomach? Not sure if that make any sense but I am sure you all know what I mean.

The other thing that I am worried about is the port. Can you always feel it I side of you?

Anything you can provide me would be great.

Thank you

Debbie

This is a question for all you post lap banders. I am getting banded next week and have a few questions.

Does it feel like you have something around your stomach? Not sure if that make any sense but I am sure you all know what I mean.

The other thing that I am worried about is the port. Can you always feel it I side of you?

Thank you

Hi Debbie. I cannot feel it all around my stomach unless of course you eat too much or too fast then you know it is there. The port you can feel through your skin. When you have lost all your weight you can usually see the bulge as well. Some people choose to have the port moved deeper at that time so it cannot be seen.

Debbie

Debbie

Thank you so much Debbie for the feedback. I am glad you cannot tell you have a band around your stomach. I am a bit worries about the port. I love to lay on my stomach and I am guessing that I will not be able to do that any more. I only have 50 lbs to lose and I am hoping that they can place the port deep the first time.

Nope!

Can't feel a thing!

At first I thought I felt something, but I know it was psychological!

Now that I'm much leaner, my only complaint is that I can feel the actual port rubbing against my rubs when I sit hunched over.

But I'll take that, to being severely over weight! :)

((((((((((((((((((Hugs Debbie)))))))))))))))))))

Congrats on taking the first step, scheduling your surgery and asking some questions about the band to fellow bandsters. I have a blog that went over my personal journey from my decision to get the band, to chosing a surgeon, to surgery to fill and beyond.

I can only speak for myself, but for me, the band is pretty transparant. I have no feeling of it and with exception of the scars, I have no visual exterior cues that shows the band.

I'll be thinking of you next week when you get banded!

xo

Thank you

Debbie

Put your little worried head at rest, you cannot feel the band around your stomach, unless you are able to palpate it...You cannot feel the port either. It will be a bit sensitive right after surgery, but I cannot feel my port and I sleep on my tummy!

Good luck on your surgery..You won't ever regret it!!!!

Kim :wub:

youll feel some discomfort only from the port incision. wont notice much on the other ones, and def wont feel the band on your stomach. i read somewhere that pain from that area of the stomach can show up as displaced pain in the shoulder/shoulder blade area. I did not experience that. port discomfort will be most noticable but will be short-lived. dont wear high waisted pants, as that puts pressure on your port incision, esp when you sit. bend over slowly. dont hunch over when sitting at a desk (i know thats an always rule, but youll def feel it once banded). it was about one month before i could sleep on my belly again. in the meanwhile, i slept on my side with a small pillow pressed up against belly. somehow the gentle pressure kept things in place and was the only comfortable way i could sleep.

now i only "feel" my port occasionally, when doing a bend in yoga, or if i lean over a desk or counter. it doesnt hurt, but every so often u can feel its in there. plus i like poking at it.. initially it was buried pretty deep under belly fat but now i can feel it more clearly (as the belly fat goes away).

((((((((((((((((((Hugs Debbie)))))))))))))))))))

Congrats on taking the first step, scheduling your surgery and asking some questions about the band to fellow bandsters. I have a blog that went over my personal journey from my decision to get the band, to chosing a surgeon, to surgery to fill and beyond.

I can only speak for myself, but for me, the band is pretty transparant. I have no feeling of it and with exception of the scars, I have no visual exterior cues that shows the band.

I'll be thinking of you next week when you get banded!

xo

youll feel some discomfort only from the port incision. wont notice much on the other ones, and def wont feel the band on your stomach. i read somewhere that pain from that area of the stomach can show up as displaced pain in the shoulder/shoulder blade area. I did not experience that. port discomfort will be most noticable but will be short-lived. dont wear high waisted pants, as that puts pressure on your port incision, esp when you sit. bend over slowly. dont hunch over when sitting at a desk (i know thats an always rule, but youll def feel it once banded). it was about one month before i could sleep on my belly again. in the meanwhile, i slept on my side with a small pillow pressed up against belly. somehow the gentle pressure kept things in place and was the only comfortable way i could sleep.

now i only "feel" my port occasionally, when doing a bend in yoga, or if i lean over a desk or counter. it doesnt hurt, but every so often u can feel its in there. plus i like poking at it.. initially it was buried pretty deep under belly fat but now i can feel it more clearly (as the belly fat goes away).

Thank you so much for your reply. Everyone here has just been AWEDOME. I am looking forward to getting my band. My biggest worry is the port and having it rub me or poke my. I have talk to a few people and they said they really do not notice it. I will keep eveeryone updated one I get down there next week.

Hugs

Debbie

Put your little worried head at rest, you cannot feel the band around your stomach, unless you are able to palpate it...You cannot feel the port either. It will be a bit sensitive right after surgery, but I cannot feel my port and I sleep on my tummy!

Good luck on your surgery..You won't ever regret it!!!!

Kim :wub:

You look AMAZING!!!! Thank you so much for your message. I have 50 lbs to lose. Not sure what my BMI is but I did not need to go on the liquid diet before. I am more then ready for this. I just hope it all goes smooth.

Hugs,

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

I am four months out and at this point can't feel a thing unless I do something I know I shouldn't like eat too much. I agree with dermalove who can feel it at certain yoga positions. It wasn't until a month ago that I could do the bending at the waist thing..I do feel it with certain moves. Meanwhile the rest of the time I don't feel a thing...you don't feel it around your stomach but you can feel it (after three fills) about midway between your breasts if the food gets blocked there..as for the port..I never feel it, in fact I still am not sure where it is and am glad that the ICC uses floro to find it..We are all here for you..good luck!