Momoffour

Just wanted to say Hi and see how you are feeling today!

I know everything went great, but drop me a line and tell me how things are!

Talk to you later, Erin :D

hey there!!!! I didn't know where to find this post.. sorry I didn't respond sooner. I have been thinking of you. .Do you feel like you have a lump in your throat? Or are you burping a lot? I'm home, doing the liquids... dying for some creamy soup.. broth is just horrible.. How are you doing?

Momof4,

Hey little brave mama! I'm wondering how you are doing too. Can't wait to hear about your Mexico experience! :D

Well I am soooooooooooo glad someone told me about the police station next to the hotel. I was a bit freaked out. I have to say, I wished I would have went with my hubby, but I'm not afraid and would go back again for a fill etc if I needed to. I met some great people there!!! I have to say, the initial ride into Mexico was kind of odd.... i'm texting back to the US the drivers name. My girlfriend said, "What is the license plate in case we don't see you again... I'm like, heck I didn't get that I gave you the drivers name" She says, If he plans on killing you I doubt he gave you his realy name! LOL.

All in all it was a good trip! i even went shopping on revolution avenue all by myself! I actually had fun!! My husband was texting me saying, I bet you are in heaven! The OCC was good, i am very happy with my decision. I am actually kind of anxious to get to the 6 weeks so I can have a fill and start moving on with my "new" relationship with food. Right now I'm not hungry at all... wow, can't even believe I said that actually. So far, 5 days in.. I think it's good! I'm so excited to see my new body... come on weight loss. Then, new boobs, new tummy, LOL

Thanks for checking in on me!!!!

You have me cracking up!!!! :lol: The driver is such a nice man too!! I'm glad you had such a good experience. I'm on day 14 of liquids and for me, it's been very hard. The cream soups are better than the broth that's for sure. I will never have broth again even if I have the flu! I never got the lump in my throat feeling but I am still burping alot! Sounds like you are doing well and I'm glad to hear it!

You have me cracking up!!!! :lol: The driver is such a nice man too!! I'm glad you had such a good experience. I'm on day 14 of liquids and for me, it's been very hard. The cream soups are better than the broth that's for sure. I will never have broth again even if I have the flu! I never got the lump in my throat feeling but I am still burping alot! Sounds like you are doing well and I'm glad to hear it!

I am dying on this liquid thing.... and not losing much weight anymore.. GRRRR like if I'm eating less than 500 calories/day I ask myself... Is there someone out there that just doens't like me? I could never have stuck to this kind of routine before but I would have hoped it provided more weight loss... dang!!!! Kind of depressing.

Oh I can imagine how frustrated you must feel but I just know the weight is going to come off!! Be strong and hang in there because one of these mornings you are going to get on the scale and BOOM, you will have dropped pounds! I'm dying on this liquid thing too. You are not alone. I fantasize about what food tastes like. I would have never stuck with this before, just like you said. I admit, I wasn't a very strong person before, that's how I got to be my previous weight. I would give up and give in to food. Food always won. I have a new mind set now and I'm so proud of myself for not giving up. Everyday I face cravings and those urges to eat and I don't give in. I'm sticking with my liquids. I am stronger than I thought and that's a good feeling. If I can do it, you can too!

I know how you feel honey!

I'm not expecting miracles but you would think that after a week of clear liquids there would be some weight loss right!

We just have to hang in there and it will happen.

I am doing ok on the liquids, dont feel the urges to eat or chew anymore.

In fact I am a little afraid of eating solid foods (maybe after two more weeks of liquids I will feel differently!)

I feel so "full" and bloated all the time anyhow and cant imagine trying to eat anything.

Oh well, we will get there.

Erin

• 2 weeks later...

I know how you feel honey!

I'm not expecting miracles but you would think that after a week of clear liquids there would be some weight loss right!

We just have to hang in there and it will happen.

I am doing ok on the liquids, dont feel the urges to eat or chew anymore.

In fact I am a little afraid of eating solid foods (maybe after two more weeks of liquids I will feel differently!)

I feel so "full" and bloated all the time anyhow and cant imagine trying to eat anything.

Oh well, we will get there.

Erin

Ok ladies, so the other night I ate macaroni and chees, only like 5 or 6 bites.... but boy was I miserable after eating it.. even dry heeved (not spelling that right) a few times. I got this yucky full feeling and really wished I had not had any..... I thought hey, it's soft and my favorite... BAD choice! My girls eat it all the time and I let food win and found out that was wrong...

Now, I'm thrilled that happened because if it had not, I might be wayyyyy off track now... but I feel horrible because I don't want to damage the band etc... and the motion of almost throwing up can't be good for the band.... You girls may have to try this yourself if you are like me to know it's really there, but if you can trust a gal pal, don't do it!!!!

I'm still only down about 9 lbs from surgery date... a little annoyed at that given what I'm NOT eating... I wish it were more, but I try to remind myself it's still 9 lbs...

Ok ladies, so the other night I ate macaroni and chees, only like 5 or 6 bites.... but boy was I miserable after eating it.. even dry heeved (not spelling that right) a few times. I got this yucky full feeling and really wished I had not had any..... I thought hey, it's soft and my favorite... BAD choice! My girls eat it all the time and I let food win and found out that was wrong...

Now, I'm thrilled that happened because if it had not, I might be wayyyyy off track now... but I feel horrible because I don't want to damage the band etc... and the motion of almost throwing up can't be good for the band.... You girls may have to try this yourself if you are like me to know it's really there, but if you can trust a gal pal, don't do it!!!!

I'm still only down about 9 lbs from surgery date... a little annoyed at that given what I'm NOT eating... I wish it were more, but I try to remind myself it's still 9 lbs...

The lack of weight loss is frustrating but apparently very typical. I only lost 14 pounds post op...but being as large as I am, I thought I would have lost more. This is my first week on solid food and I haven't lost a single pound despite being very good to my band and following the rules....very frustrating. Getting back on solids has been wonderful but eating so slow is very different for me...I'm a busy lady on the go, like most of us. I just feel like I should be doing something else while I eat to use my time efficiently...like this morning as I post..I'm nibbling on my Tomato Pie for breakfast! From my vast 1 week of solid food experience :) eating very slow is the key....if I eat very slowly, I can feel full coming much easier and know when to stop without pain....but last night we were all talking and eating and I think I ate a little faster and noticed that I could eat more than my usual 1 cupish and oh my did I pay for it...so much pain...I did not PB but it was very uncomfortable. I should have eaten slower and paid more attention to the "full" button approaching....won't make that mistake again...yikes! Talk about great negative reinforcement!

wow don't mean to jump in but this was really great to read, I'm getting banded next month and it's so helpful to see these type of post op comments. from what I've read on other forums that initial slow weight loss is normal and don't stress it. and many seem to report like 2lbs per week on average- it's all success really. You guys are great and inspirational.

where are you all getting this tomato pie recipe... it sounds disgusting, but you are all eating it and say it's good.... I have to try it! Although I hate to cook... half of why I'm in this position, eating on the run is always easier... but certainly not healthier... I have heard it's on here somewhere but I can't find it... SAD>>>

where are you all getting this tomato pie recipe... it sounds disgusting, but you are all eating it and say it's good.... I have to try it! Although I hate to cook... half of why I'm in this position, eating on the run is always easier... but certainly not healthier... I have heard it's on here somewhere but I can't find it... SAD>>>

You need to go back one level to the listing of all the topics in the Weight Loss Surgery Discussion tab, then under Diet and Nutrition the third over is recipes. That's where a ton of great ideas are kept

You need to go back one level to the listing of all the topics in the Weight Loss Surgery Discussion tab, then under Diet and Nutrition the third over is recipes. That's where a ton of great ideas are kept

AHA found it! Thank you! I see the tomato pie... hmmm will have to try it, not sure I'm into it for breakfast, but you never know... there are some really yummy looking ones out there, the breakfast quiche, now that looks good too!