Just banded and I feel like I have a lump in my throat..

Momof4

I was just banded on 8/6 and I feel like I have something stuck in my throat... not to the point of obstruction, but when I burp, I swear I can feel the band. Is this normal? then I burp a lot and I worry I'm going to slip the band. Someone tell me this is normal, or tell me it's not and I need to call the dr. I'm a little worried!

yea, i had a weird feeling. Number one you gotta get used to the fact that something is there. Plus gas, burping, all that is totally normal after surgery and it will calm down after a little while. Nothing to worry about. what you've mentioned sounds pretty normal.

Sipping water helped me. I felt like when I was dehydrated my throat was gonna close off. I even woke up at night with that feeling. When I started drinking more water it all went away.

Hey girl!

Dont worry, I had this same feeling for days, not painful just annoying. It does go away.

I have only had one or two days of bad burping and one day of amazingly painful gas but today am feeling wonderful.

I started on soup today and feel so full I cant imagine going onto regular foods!

Oh and by the way I finally saw a drop in the scale today- 8 pounds! :lol:

• Like 1

Hey girl!

Dont worry, I had this same feeling for days, not painful just annoying. It does go away.

I have only had one or two days of bad burping and one day of amazingly painful gas but today am feeling wonderful.

I started on soup today and feel so full I cant imagine going onto regular foods!

Oh and by the way I finally saw a drop in the scale today- 8 pounds! :lol:

You go girl!!! My week weight loss is 6 lbs! I'll take it... if only to do 6 lbs each week until it's off... the down side, i know it won't be like this long....

• 1 year later...

I am 5 days post op and have no problems. I even worried because I cannot feel a band......

I can drink my fluids without any restriction. Which I know now is normal.

The only thing I feel is soreness on my bigger incision and the port pinches a bit.