GAS!

I am on day 7 of my post banding clear liquid diet. I dont feel hungry or tired, in fact I feel pretty good...except for the gas.

I feel like I am going to explode!

Is this normal post banding?

I feel so bloated and have not seen a drop on the scale yet which is quite discouraging in and of itself.

Today at work the gas and bloating was so bad I felt like the incision site where my port is was going to open up. Infact you can see the port itself sticking out.

I have had 2 BMs post surgery and they were so dang hard that I went ahead and took MOM, so now of course it is like water, no happy in between for me.

I am now taking double doses of gasX.

Anyone else have this problem?

How long does it last!

Erin,

I'm on day 14 and I have mostly experienced burping not gas. Everyday I can hear the gas rumbling through my stomach though. It especially happens after I've drank something or had my soup. Everyone must be different because I did/do feel hungry all the time, and the only BM I've had is like water. My friend Robin had gas like you after surgery though, maybe she will respond on here. Best wishes!

I am on day 7 of my post banding clear liquid diet. I dont feel hungry or tired, in fact I feel pretty good...except for the gas.

I feel so bloated and have not seen a drop on the scale yet which is quite discouraging in and of itself.

Today at work the gas and bloating was so bad I felt like the incision site where my port is was going to open up. Infact you can see the port itself sticking out.

I have had 2 BMs post surgery and they were so dang hard that I went ahead and took MOM, so now of course it is like water, no happy in between for me.

How long does it last!

Erin,

So sorry to hear your discomfort. I had surgery the day before you and have had little if any issue with gas. BMs = one, so hard and small not even worth mentioning. Are you getting enough walking in????? I make sure I walk about 5 minutes after any input of liquid.

How long does it last!

I think what people have a misconception when they get banded they will automatically lose weight. Not the case people...Don't set your MIND up for failure. You will loose weight when you follow the plan..Weather that is post banding or after your first or second fill..Stay off the scale...It messes with your head.!!!! Once a week if that. Don't expect miracles just because your banded....there is still alot of work to do, and you have just bgun your life journey! Go easy on yourself! As for the gas...walk walk walk it out! Fart away!!

Kim :wub:

• Like 1

I had my husband give me a good backrub and also gently thump me on the back to help break up the bigger gas bubbles and that seemed to really break things up for me. Kind of like gentle karate chops all over your back. Since I could not lay on my stomach I just leaned over the kitchen counter. Good luck.

I think what people have a misconception when they get banded they will automatically lose weight. Not the case people...Don't set your MIND up for failure. You will loose weight when you follow the plan..Weather that is post banding or after your first or second fill..Stay off the scale...It messes with your head.!!!! Once a week if that. Don't expect miracles just because your banded....there is still alot of work to do, and you have just bgun your life journey! Go easy on yourself! As for the gas...walk walk walk it out! Fart away!!

Kim :wub:

Totally agree.

Also, your band currently has NO restriction. (assuming you got it done at the OCC)

They leave it empty, for healing.

You won't get your first 'fill' (or a feeling of real restriction) for a couple of months.

So don't worry.

Work on the mental aspect right now. That's normally the biggest challenge for banders.

The road you have AHEAD ....

:)