swelling

jna

Hi my name is Janet, I was banded on Aug.9th and wanted to know how long does the swelling last. My stomach is bigger now then when I went in for surgery, and the food cravings are very hard. i am so hungry all the time, I dont know what else to do. I have my drinkable yogurt now and just started on creamy soups yesterday, but I feel like this isnt working. The only thing I cheated on was my coffee, I had to have a white choc mocha cuz my headache was to intense and regular coffee just wasnt doing it for me, but nothing happend and i was fine, but i did feel bad lol. Any suggestions on how to make my stomach stop being so hungry and also the swelling thank you I appreciate it.

Hi my name is Janet, I was banded on Aug.9th and wanted to know how long does the swelling last. My stomach is bigger now then when I went in for surgery, and the food cravings are very hard. i am so hungry all the time, I dont know what else to do. I have my drinkable yogurt now and just started on creamy soups yesterday, but I feel like this isnt working. The only thing I cheated on was my coffee, I had to have a white choc mocha cuz my headache was to intense and regular coffee just wasnt doing it for me, but nothing happend and i was fine, but i did feel bad lol. Any suggestions on how to make my stomach stop being so hungry and also the swelling thank you I appreciate it.

Are you taking a fiber suppliment at 10 ish and 2 ish? Dr. M recommended it and it does help with hunger pangs. Also, your hunger...is your tummy rumbling? I fought and still fight head hunger. Those are 2 very different hungers.

I have also found that warmth seems to help/sooth/trick my tummy into feeling satisfied.

My doc didn't tell me to take fiber? Any ideas on the best to take?

weight.png

I just bought the cheap Wal Mart brand and it worked good. Carolyn at the OCC said that it would be good

R

• 4 weeks later...

If you have a Walmart near you there are these little vials of Body Fortress Whey Protein "shots" in the dieting section. 26 grams of protein and 110 cals. Fruit punch flavored and I add them to water twice daily and it really takes the food craving away! Just be careful to not go over 2/day as too much protein turns to belly fat! But these work for the 21 day liquid diet post-op!

Just be careful to not go over 2/day as too much protein turns to belly fat!

If it's true, how do you explain the excellent muscular definition and the very chiselled abdominal wall of bodybuilders, athletes and fitness enthusiasts whose diets are very similar - even though there are some differences - with most of them using the high protein and low carbohydrate regimen for achieving muscular definition?

Furthermore, how so you explain the high muscular quality induced by a high protein diet, independently from caloric intake?

Here it's obvious that arithmetic is not clear at all, because the evidence of the facts don't support the theory of the over-simplified mathematic count as the determinant factor that influence body composition (Body composition is the result of Fat Free Mass to Fat Mass ratio).

This is explained by the fact that our organism is much more sensible to an "hormonal and biochemical mathematic" rather then the merely algebraic mathematic.

Here is important to assert, and it's even evident, that the single individual cannot be considered like a calorimetric bomb (for which 1 gram of carbohydrate is not different from a gram of protein since they do have the same caloric output: 4kcal per gram) since it -the calorimetric bomb- goes far beyond from any endocrine and biochemical consideration.

So, in other words, without getting into more specific details of the biochemistry of fatty acids, this is not a true statement.