Discouraged

I was banded on April 5, 2010. My weight at banding was 225lbs. I am almost 5 mos. out and have only lost 15lbs. I am trying to follow the guidelines. I feel that I am eating properly, yet I am not seeing a great deal of weight loss. I have had two fills I am now at 7cc's. I do feel some restriction, more at times, but I teeter back and forth With 2 to 3lbs gain and loss. I am scheduled for another fill September 3rd. Does anyone have any suggestions to speed up my weight loss.

Are you Exercising? Drinking 8-10 glasses of water per day?

Eating 3 healthy meals a day? If you aren't getting enough calories per day, your body may be in starvation mode and holding onto every calorie it gets.

Do you journal your food to really keep track of what kinds of foods you are eating?

You could also be in a plateau, you could go back to the beginning and eat/drink your liquids for a couple of days and then mushies/soft foods. That might also help kick start weight-loss. :)

Start a food journal.

That usually tells a whole different story ... and typically the reason people don't lose weight.

What some people feel is 'healthy eating', often isn't.

Relying on constriction/fills is really like the great myth that floats around.

It won't prevent you from eating empty calories.

Nor will it burn fat/calories.

What is your exercise schedule like?

I was banded on April 5, 2010. My weight at banding was 225lbs. I am almost 5 mos. out and have only lost 15lbs. I am trying to follow the guidelines. I feel that I am eating properly, yet I am not seeing a great deal of weight loss. I have had two fills I am now at 7cc's. I do feel some restriction, more at times, but I teeter back and forth With 2 to 3lbs gain and loss. I am scheduled for another fill September 3rd. Does anyone have any suggestions to speed up my weight loss.

Are you getting filled in TJ? If so, I will be there to get banded! I hope it goes well with your fill!!