Results after the first fill...

Hello Everyone,

I haven't posted lately. But I did want to get some feedback from the people who have gone before me down this path. I was feeling some restriction after the liquid diet, not a lot but I wasn't able to eat bread and my portion sizes were greatly adjusted. When it became time for my first fill in August I was really looking forward to a more agressive weight loss.

I had the fill done 8/17/10. It was relatively painless. I received 4 cc in my 11 cc band. I stayed in San Diego for a few days to make sure I wasn't going to have problems. Because i was on liquids for three days I didn't know how the fill was going to work. I find now, 2 weeks later, I don't feel real restriction. I continue to follow, what I call, my three simple rules....1)no bread or bread products 2)nothing deep fried 3)nothing with a sauce. I know these things seem almost elementary but you'd be surprised how often I can't order from a menu without changes to adhere to these rules. As far as changes after the fill I don't feel any. I'm wondering if the changes to diet and portion control were enough to be restrictive and the lapband is not be utilized at this time. What is it I should be looking for to know if the fill was successful?

My weight has come down 5 lbs but I was also very swollen from extensive traveling before and during the fill. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

My biggest loss seemed to come after the 2nd and 3rd fills, but I know for everyone it is pretty different. Stick with it you will get there!!

Hello,

I alway from the beginning had restriction. I was told to have a fillbetween 6 - 8 weeks later , so eventually did. I finally recieved 4cc in a 11cc band. I have the a bit more restriction which actually is very annoying because sometimes its hard to eat anything. I really do not need anymore fills so far or did I need the 1st. I believe some people have had 0 fills because of their restriction from the beginning. I guess its luck or maybe it on those people that need to loose more weight. I does make me wonder though way the initial restriction for some.If anyone knows way please let me know. Sp for anyone that has just gotten the Band done and you feel restriction, no fill is necessary until u have no restriction. Ok I will stop Babbling now. Ii hope this helps some

I am in the same boat, my fill was last Friday the 27th and I too had 4cc put in. Today is my first day for food and I have only eaten 1200 calories, I feel like I could easily eat more. I am trying to stick to 3 meals a day and no snacking. I do not know what restriction feels like, I did not have ANY after my surgery, I could eat whatever I wanted. I am stuck at 17lbs lost.

Everyone is different when it comes to restriction. I had restriction for the first 3 weeks and then it felt like it loosened up and after every fill I would have restriction for roughly 1-2 weeks and then it was up to me to keep my food intakes/portion sizes under control. Since my 6th fill I have stayed pretty restricted and the only reason I got the fill was because I haven't been able to work out due to an auto accident and was hoping to at least try to maintain my weight-loss.