It's been awhile...

Hi everyone!

It has been awhile since I posted on the board due to the extreme schedule demands that I have had this summer. To say that it has been busy would be an understatement. Anyway, I wanted to post my news from this morning. As of this morning's weigh-in (and yes, I weigh in EVERY morning) I was UNDER 300 lbs!! I have officially entered "twoderville."

Just to recap, I made my decision to have surgery on 3/1/2010 when I weighed in at 420.4 lbs. On May 7, I had surgery with Dr. Ortiz and weighed in at 394.0 lbs. Today, just over 4 months later, I am down 120.6 lbs (94.2 lbs. since surgery) and weigh 299.8 lbs.

Some highlights from the last 4 months:

- I have gone from wearing 4x/5x shirts and 56/58 waist pants to 2x shirts and 46 waist pants.

- I have gone from completely sedentary to running 3 nights a week (as well as other exercise) and have signed up for my first 5K run!

- In the last 4 months I have had no bread, no rice, no pasta and no soda. I totally gave up pizza too. It was tough at first but has been a great move.

- I don't sweat NEARLY as bad as I used to nor am I winded at the slightest exertion.

- My relationship is stronger than ever because I am able to do SO many more things than I could before.

I could go on and on and on about how amazing this journey has been so far. To say that I am over the moon about it would be selling it short. Everyone I see just marvels at how great I look and are constantly telling me (great for the ego, btw.) When I had the surgery, Dr. Ortiz and I discussed what my goal weight would be. We settled on 250 lbs. That number seemed so incredibly far away at the time. In fact, I had set my goal for the year to hopefully be under 300 by 12/31. And, yet, here I am under that number on 9/13. It is pretty damn awesome to be so far ahead of schedule. I am hoping to continue losing at a decent rate and maybe get below 290 before the end of October as I would like to make it up to Busch Gardens to ride a roller coaster. I haven't been able to do that in over 15 years and it is something I dearly love to do. Wish me luck!

To everyone else that has had surgery or is thinking about having surgery, I wish you the best and can only hope that you have felt as good and had as awesome a time as I have had.

Brian

Hi everyone!

It has been awhile since I posted on the board due to the extreme schedule demands that I have had this summer. To say that it has been busy would be an understatement. Anyway, I wanted to post my news from this morning. As of this morning's weigh-in (and yes, I weigh in EVERY morning) I was UNDER 300 lbs!! I have officially entered "twoderville."

Just to recap, I made my decision to have surgery on 3/1/2010 when I weighed in at 420.4 lbs. On May 7, I had surgery with Dr. Ortiz and weighed in at 394.0 lbs. Today, just over 4 months later, I am down 120.6 lbs (94.2 lbs. since surgery) and weigh 299.8 lbs.

Some highlights from the last 4 months:

- I have gone from wearing 4x/5x shirts and 56/58 waist pants to 2x shirts and 46 waist pants.

- I have gone from completely sedentary to running 3 nights a week (as well as other exercise) and have signed up for my first 5K run!

- In the last 4 months I have had no bread, no rice, no pasta and no soda. I totally gave up pizza too. It was tough at first but has been a great move.

- I don't sweat NEARLY as bad as I used to nor am I winded at the slightest exertion.

- My relationship is stronger than ever because I am able to do SO many more things than I could before.

I could go on and on and on about how amazing this journey has been so far. To say that I am over the moon about it would be selling it short. Everyone I see just marvels at how great I look and are constantly telling me (great for the ego, btw.) When I had the surgery, Dr. Ortiz and I discussed what my goal weight would be. We settled on 250 lbs. That number seemed so incredibly far away at the time. In fact, I had set my goal for the year to hopefully be under 300 by 12/31. And, yet, here I am under that number on 9/13. It is pretty damn awesome to be so far ahead of schedule. I am hoping to continue losing at a decent rate and maybe get below 290 before the end of October as I would like to make it up to Busch Gardens to ride a roller coaster. I haven't been able to do that in over 15 years and it is something I dearly love to do. Wish me luck!

To everyone else that has had surgery or is thinking about having surgery, I wish you the best and can only hope that you have felt as good and had as awesome a time as I have had.

Brian

Way to go Brian. This is amazing news . You are truly a new man and I bet you feel terrific

Debbie