I am struggling with something, I could use input.

Hi,

It's been almost 2 months since I've been banded. This whole journey has been has been one big learning process. Sometimes I feel like the further into this I get, the less I understand about it all. I read as much as I can and do call OCC if I have any questions. I am happy with my weight loss and was relieved at my first fill when Dr. So said the band looked good and was in a good place. I had 4.5 cc's put in.

BUT, the thing I really struggle with is not drinking while eating. I have changed my eating habits drastically, I'm eating healthier, taking my time, chewing slower etc. However, I have taken sips during a meal and have even drank water after a meal. I have read all the tricks, like putting ice in a glass and only drinking whatever melts in the glass during my meal or sucking on an ice cube. I know it's going to take me being disciplined and JUST doing it, but here is my question. Why is it so bad to drink with a meal? I don't fully understand WHY I can not do this.

Question #2. How do I know when I need my second fill?

Thank you for any help/advice!

Hi,

It's been almost 2 months since I've been banded. This whole journey has been has been one big learning process. Sometimes I feel like the further into this I get, the less I understand about it all. I read as much as I can and do call OCC if I have any questions. I am happy with my weight loss and was relieved at my first fill when Dr. So said the band looked good and was in a good place. I had 4.5 cc's put in.

BUT, the thing I really struggle with is not drinking while eating. I have changed my eating habits drastically, I'm eating healthier, taking my time, chewing slower etc. However, I have taken sips during a meal and have even drank water after a meal. I have read all the tricks, like putting ice in a glass and only drinking whatever melts in the glass during my meal or sucking on an ice cube. I know it's going to take me being disciplined and JUST doing it, but here is my question. Why is it so bad to drink with a meal? I don't fully understand WHY I can not do this.

Question #2. How do I know when I need my second fill?

I agree with Dwayne, the liquid washes the food through the opening more quickly so you are likely to take longer to get full. I am writing this on my lunch break and I too am having a hard time laying off the water when I eat. You will be ready for your second fill when you feel no restriction and can eat like before.

Thank you for any help/advice!