Counselling

How many people have sought counselling for the mental part of there weight loss journey. I am finding i am really struggling with being hungry all the time. I just had my second fill and i am eating less and i know its not a physical hunger.

I haven't done the counseling yet. I was looking at OA (overeaters anonymous) and it could be a good program for me. The band has certainly helped the physical aspect but there's a lot of emotional loose ends I need to tie. I am also going to start a phone support group with people here in the forum just to swap stories, I think talking helps.

It is definitely a good idea to get some sort of treatment. I have been looking into counseling because I realized since my surgery, that I have MAJOR issues with food. I looked into O A but I'm not quite sure if the 12 steps are right for me. If anyone has any suggestions I am open to them.

How many people have sought counselling for the mental part of there weight loss journey. I am finding i am really struggling with being hungry all the time. I just had my second fill and i am eating less and i know its not a physical hunger.

I did.

And it wasn't until after I did, that I started to get a real grasp on my body image & food issues.

And the weight really started to drop off.

That was on thing I noticed during my research - all of the lap band treatment centres in Canada, have a HUGE MASSIVE emphasis on the follow up care -- which includes a very in depth follow up of mental health treatment. (one-on-one & group counseling, etc)

This was something the OCC didn't offer, but I knew I would need.

I tried to do it on my own, but my emotional issues weren't going to be stopped by the band .. and I ended up sourcing my own treatment here.