Is it a terrible idea to get a fill and go home the same day?

This is interesting, I am coming for a first fill- I had read on the successfull fill thread that dolittle posted that at least sticking around over night, just in case something happens you aren't having to fly all the way back? so I was thinking of spending the night at a motel 6 by the airport and leaving in the morning, but I'd rather fly home that night

Hmmmm.

This is interesting, I am coming for a first fill- I had read on the successfull fill thread that dolittle posted that at least sticking around over night, just in case something happens you aren't having to fly all the way back? so I was thinking of spending the night at a motel 6 by the airport and leaving in the morning, but I'd rather fly home that night

Hmmmm.

That's exactly where I read this, it was a dolittle's post. I am going to fly back home and take a little bit of a risk. I am staying all doing long. I booked the first flight in and the last flight out. If worse comes to worse, I fly back. It would cost just about the same as a hotel and meals because I am so close.

I too live in the Bay Area, and I only have one day off...So, I usually go early flight and come back the same day (evening). Make sure you plan this for the border wait. Sometimes in fast and sometimes 3 hours..I have had both. If you get in to San Diego early, just have lunch (good way to see how restriction is). And rest. I always have homework or a good book.

I just recently went and that was what I usually do, fly in on the first flight and leave on the last flight. However, this last time I went, the driver was 2 hours before he picked us up from the airport to go to the clinic. Once we got to the clinic we waited another 2 hours because Dr. So was in surgery with Dr. Ortiz and then I had an 1 hour and 45 minute wait at the border. So make sure you consider the wait times.

That's exactly where I read this, it was a dolittle's post. I am going to fly back home and take a little bit of a risk. I am staying all doing long. I booked the first flight in and the last flight out. If worse comes to worse, I fly back. It would cost just about the same as a hotel and meals because I am so close.

MEALS? ISN'T THIS YOUR FIRST FILL?

MEALS? ISN'T THIS YOUR FIRST FILL?

This is my first fill and you are right, I wouldn't have to spend money on meals if I stayed overnight but i would on hotel. Just trying to see if I can return the same day and it looks like from everyone's comments, plenty have done it before without a problem.

This is my first fill and you are right, I wouldn't have to spend money on meals if I stayed overnight but i would on hotel. Just trying to see if I can return the same day and it looks like from everyone's comments, plenty have done it before without a problem.

IF YOUR NOT TESTING THE BAND, YOU SHOULD KNOW WITHIN AN HOUR IF YOU'LL BE OK ON LIQUIDS

Hmm, all very helpful, I just don't know that I have the stamina to fly again in the same day? I do know the motel 6 next to the airport is like 50 plus tax for a single 1 night. which is a lot less for me then my flight cause I'm coming from Ohio. But I have kids etc and like the idea of getting home right away.

So the meals comment, what is that about, just that after the fill you shouldn't eat, is that right? is that different after you've had more fills, I thought that was for everyone?

Lisa