PLEASE HELP

I am on day 4 of having my second fill, done at OCC. I have a total of 7.5cc's in an 11cc band. I can not swallow one bite of food. I am in so much pain from trying. I get that stuck, knife stabbing sharp pain in my chest. It is very severe.

My question: Am I too tight or do I need to give it time? I hate being on liquids. I have never done well with that, I want real food. I am near tears from the pain.

Honestly, IMO, the only way to see if it is too tight or just swollen, is to go on liquids for 2-3 days then go back to food. Now, if it's too tight and you can't get liquids down that's an issue. I know liquids are miserable but some people can react with a tight band if they swell up some after the fill. If you are unable to do liquids for a few days then definitely go back and have some taken out so you don't end up with a slipped band. Good luck.

I am on day 4 of having my second fill, done at OCC. I have a total of 7.5cc's in an 11cc band. I can not swallow one bite of food. I am in so much pain from trying. I get that stuck, knife stabbing sharp pain in my chest. It is very severe.

My question: Am I too tight or do I need to give it time? I hate being on liquids. I have never done well with that, I want real food. I am near tears from the pain.

Good Morning,

I stayed on a liquid diet for 2 days.... my third day I pretty much followed the menu from getting the surgery. I think you should call OCC and speak to one of the doctors on call. Good luck!

I am normally REALLY tight the first couple of days after a fill. I couldn't even drink water after my last fill without it hurting, but now, eating everything in sight...lol. I would give it a few days then determine if you need to get an unfill.

Thank you Petrafarmer and Boogeyface I appreciate your caring responses.

Yesterday I called Dr. So and he said to come in right away. I could not go to OCC yesterday so I was his first patient this morning at 9:00am. He said I was too tight with some inflamation. He took out 1.0cc's leaving me with 6.5cc's. I'm on liquids for 2 days and Malox 3x a day just like Bandiva said. I'm really hopeing this gets me where I need to be. Honestly, that knife stabbing pain in my chest was way worse than the whole surgery. Only walking, walking, walking helped relieve the pain by causing me to burp. Thank you for the support, suggestions and kind words!

Yesterday I called Dr. So and he said to come in right away. I could not go to OCC yesterday so I was his first patient this morning at 9:00am. He said I was too tight with some inflamation. He took out 1.0cc's leaving me with 6.5cc's. I'm on liquids for 2 days and Malox 3x a day just like Bandiva said. I'm really hopeing this gets me where I need to be. Honestly, that knife stabbing pain in my chest was way worse than the whole surgery. Only walking, walking, walking helped relieve the pain by causing me to burp. Thank you for the support, suggestions and kind words!

so glad you called Dr So and got resolution.

You are sweet canuk, thanks. I'm on real food now and doing much better! Thank God I can eat without pain. Getting the 1.0 cc's out really helped.

That is what we are here for, giving words of comfort and suggestions for each others journeys.

• 4 weeks later...

So happy to see this post. I am having the same problems right now. My surgery date was 7/26/10. My first fill was 6.0 mls with no restriction noted at all. A month later I received another 1.5 mls and restriction was definitely noted. I can't tell if my band is too tight or if I am inflammed because certain days I can eat very well and other days I slime/PB without any real reason noted. The frequency has been increasing the last few weeks but it is so random. I see from all the other posts to go on a liquid diet for at least 5 days and do Maalox 3x/day since it may likely be an inflammed pouch. I'm sure I could always improve chewing, food choices, hydration. I'm so scared about really hurting my band. My fills are done here in the Midwest always under fluoro but I won't have a chance to get into see them for another week or two so I will definitely go on the liquid diet and Maalox from all of your suggestions. Thank you!