Cant Keep Anything Down

I was banded on April 14, 2010.

I had my first fill on June 3, 2010.

About 4-6 weeks after the first fill, I began to occasionally throw up the first few bites into my meal.

It occured more and more frequently as time passed.

It was to the point now, that I practically threw up each time I ate.

I went in to see Dr. So, and he deflated me on Sept 9, 2010.

He saw some inflammation and suggested I go on a 5 day liquid diet.

I am still experiancing throwing up many of my meals.

I called Dr. So and he suggested I take Mallox (3tsp 3xday).

Has anyone else had this problem?

I am concerned about the inflammation worsening.

Does anyone have any advice for me?

I can also be reached on FaceBook. Contact me if you prefer to talk there and we can exchange contact info!

Rox, I am so sorry you are going through this. I started a thread where I talk about my problem after my second fill. Luckily, I did not vomit though. I saw Dr. So today and he discussed the dangers of vomiting with the band. This is not good Rox. Please don't hesitate and call Dr. So immediately. I hope things get better for you real soon.

I had a similar problem. I went on liquids for about 3 weeks and drank the maalox. Everything healed, swelling went down and I was fine. For me, I had been overeating and drinking pop and then my pouch stretched and had a muffin top effect that made things come back up. All is good now. Just do whatever he says and you should be fine...and chew...lol. Best Wishes.

This very same thing just recently happened to me. I was banded In July 2008. My last fill was at the OCC in October of last year. All of a sudden I was experiencing the same things as you. It started with the first few bites and it wasn't at every meal. Then it began to happen at every meal. I went to the OCC last month and Dr. So did a complete unfill. I went on the liquid diet for 5 days because I also had some inflamation going on. I did the Maalox too. After the 5 days, I was still having some issues when I ate things like chicken, or steak, any kind of tough or dry meat. I continued the liquid diet another week and a half with the Maalox and things are good now. Hope this helps.

I had a similar issue. I was pretty much spitting up... I wouldn't call it vomiting. I was spitting after each meal and sometimes I wasn't able to keep anything down at times. But I have to admit that I wasn't chewing well enough and sometimes eating things I know my band doesn't like. I don't think I was too tight. I think the restriction was just fine. I just had a lousy time adjusting to it and wasn't really helping it along.

I also have to admit to making myself throw up when I felt like I was about to get stuck... which is a huge NO-NO.

I didn't do it very often but I did it instead of stopping myself and chewing some more. I also irritated my band when I got sick and threw up a few times... I woke up with a chest pain and felt sore around the band area.

I called Dr.So and he told me to go on a 3 day liquid diet... It helped a lot. I learned my lesson the hard way. It's not worth it, It could've been worse but I'm not going to take that chance anymore. Also, as soon as I started to pace myself with this fill ... and baby my band, It's showing me love..LOL I started to lose weight.

Rox, How are you doing? : )

Oh hi...thanks so much for asking.....

Today is the first time I have come back to my post. It helps that I see that there are others with similar issuea. Dr. So mentioned 5 day diet, I think I may need to go longer. I am going to try it again.