I Had My Fill Removed

I was banded on 7/1/08 lost 82lbs and I became concerned about how I looked after seeing a pic of myself I decided to have the fill removed;after having the fill removed I began to eat more and have gained about 10lbs. Now I'm concerned about the extra weight (I look healthier and feel much better)just don't want to gain anymore but would like to loose about 5 vanity lbs. Can anyone give me some advise on how to shed 5lbs and maintain a healthy weight without having a fill. I have began running 40min p/d 3-4 times p/w and I climb 13 flights of stairs 5 times p/w.

THANK YOU LADIES FOR GREAT ADVICE!! I'LL TRY TO REMEBMER THE WORDS OF DR SO....IF THIS CONTINUES MAYBE I'LL SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP---AGAIN THANKS!!

I was banded on 7/1/08 lost 82lbs and I became concerned about how I looked after seeing a pic of myself I decided to have the fill removed;after having the fill removed I began to eat more and have gained about 10lbs. Now I'm concerned about the extra weight (I look healthier and feel much better)just don't want to gain anymore but would like to loose about 5 vanity lbs. Can anyone give me some advise on how to shed 5lbs and maintain a healthy weight without having a fill. I have began running 40min p/d 3-4 times p/w and I climb 13 flights of stairs 5 times p/w.

Although I am by far not an expert at this as I have only been banded since 8/3/10 but have lost ~60 lbs since decision day and have not had a fill as of yet. I have waffled on getting a fill or not and have talked to Dr So about it. His words were that we need to start not wondering how much we can eat but how little we can eat to stay healthy, and be satisfied. It kind of has become my mantra prior to meals. I think that if you keep his words in mind and continue to do what you are doing exercise wise the weight will take care of itself. Just my thoughts

Without knowing your situation, besides the brief details you provided, I'd have to say it's probably not a weight issue you need counseling on - it's the mental aspect of losing weight, and the reality.

5 lbs here. 5 lbs there. It's all the same thing.

We can gain/lose that over night in water retention alone.

I'm having major issues with this right now, too - and I'm back to seeing my therapist to talk about it.

Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) is very very common. Especially in those who have lost large amounts of weight.

Hi Lady V,

I go up and down with my weight - depending of whether or not I'm traveling and my exercise routine, coupled with my eating habits.

I just gained 5 pounds but its budget time at work and I've been traveling a lot. I use to stress about it, I now just do what you do and add in extra exercise and cut down on some calories, while adding in more protein.

Before you get a fill see if you can learn to manage it on your own with exercise. 10 pounds isn't that much but you're right you don't want to go up any more.

Make sure you are eating healthy, one of the best things I've done is take some classes on healthing eating - it really helped my understand my body better. Also for all of us finding where we like our weight to be is hard, we do not look at ourselves like others do. You'll find the place at some point, you're still new in your new body! Don't stress too much about it, its just part of the journey!

Lisa