Its been almost 4 years ...WOW !

WELL ITS been almost 4 yearsI am 47 now.I have had only 1 fill and that was 3 months after i got the band .. i started out at 305 then i got down to 275 before my surgery..had a few ups and downs. and just stuck at 230- 225 for 2 1/2 years and was feeling great then I started going to the gym and going 4- 6 days a week and now i am at "172" and feel freaking wonderful i will put up pic. if i can ever find out how...haha please I looked at all those pic, and said there is no way I can do it ..you can.. I only could do it with Jesus Christ no joke he was my rock this whole time good luck I know you can do it..God Bless

I'm actually really glad to see long term bandsters post and finally come back to let us know that there is life 4-5-6 years after banding.. I would hate to be one of those that had to have it removed. I want to live with my band forever. It's actually a blessing to have an assistant help you stay healthy and in line. So glad to hear about your success and may you have many many MANY more years of good health.

WELL ITS been almost 4 yearsI am 47 now.I have had only 1 fill and that was 3 months after i got the band .. i started out at 305 then i got down to 275 before my surgery..had a few ups and downs. and just stuck at 230- 225 for 2 1/2 years and was feeling great then I started going to the gym and going 4- 6 days a week and now i am at "172" and feel freaking wonderful i will put up pic. if i can ever find out how...haha please I looked at all those pic, and said there is no way I can do it ..you can.. I only could do it with Jesus Christ no joke he was my rock this whole time good luck I know you can do it..God Bless

Glad to hear all is well after 4 years...

You give me hope that this band might be able to work for me after all..

Thanks for posting.

• 2 weeks later...

There's many of us still out here (over 4 years) and posting - I'm one (I've lost over 140 pounds) Pammie - and many other's who check in and post from time to time. (Or I get emails) I actually don't personally know one of us (pt of dr O) that has had their band removed. I love mine - its not going anywhere!

I think we hear more of when people are having problems here on the board - the one's doing well get busy living their lives and the truth is you hear the same things over and over again - it doesn't bother me - but others do outgrow it. Which is cool for them, they are out enjoying their lives.

Congrats on your success, that's awesome!

Lisa

I have been banded about 2 and a half years now. I started at around 230 and got down to 175 but I kind of go up and down about 10 pounds depending upon the time of year and my activity level. I would still like to lose some more weight but would need to exercise more and give up some foods that I just don't want to give up right now. I have had only 2 fills and I had to go right back and have my second fill removed because I was too tight. I have less restriction than when I had my fill but after my "too tight" experience, I was not in a hurry to go back and get any more fills.

There are things that I do not like about my lap band but I know I would be right back up to 230+ without it. I like maintaining (even if I am still "overweight" on a BMI chart) rather than gaining and constantly fighting the appetite. I can breathe better, I sleep better, I have more energy, I generally feel healthier than I did at 230.

I come back to read the forums usually a few times a week. Many of the people who posted on the forum back when I was banded have moved on. I enjoy reading the updates from the people who were banded around the same time I was and of those banded before me who were inspirational to me when I first started. I will continue to read the forum. Maybe we will see some more "oldtimer" updates. Take care and have a blessed holiday! Dawn

I love my band. I reached my goal of 175 1 week before my 1 year anniversary of being banded. I have lost 158 pounds and am living life to the fullest . Best decision I ever made and have no plans of saying bye bye to my band.:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I think you are all doing fantastic. It makes me feel like I made the right decision also. I will be banded 2 years on 12/20/10 and am down 90 pds. Never had a fill and off all meds, love my band and thank God every day for the courage and help in getting it. I started at 235 pd and am down to 144 and have been maintaining for almost a year.

You guys are awesome!

congratulations on your success

can anybody tell me how to add my name and ticker. I was on another website for lap band but they revamped and it is overcrowded with advertisements. This site seems to be more positive and enlightening and I really enjoy coming here.