going back to work

I am having the plication surgery on Dec 2. Would anybody know how long until I can go back to work? I work in a grocery store and do some heavy lifting. Also curling, would I have to wait 3 months?

I was a bit tender for a few days. Lifting my carry on luggage did hurt a bit.

I'd recommend taking a couple of days off from heaving lifting. I was able to return to normal life the day I got home.

It's been ten days and it doesn't feel like I ever had surgery. I was shocked at how quickly my scars healed.

I have to be very aware of my eating and drinking because I continually forget I had the surgery - I feel so great. But don't worry, your stomach will remind you not to overeat. I'm very pleased with the plication.

• Like 1

I was a bit tender for a few days. Lifting my carry on luggage did hurt a bit.

I'd recommend taking a couple of days off from heaving lifting. I was able to return to normal life the day I got home.

It's been ten days and it doesn't feel like I ever had surgery. I was shocked at how quickly my scars healed.

I have to be very aware of my eating and drinking because I continually forget I had the surgery - I feel so great. But don't worry, your stomach will remind you not to overeat. I'm very pleased with the plication.

I am glad to hear you are doing so well. I plan on going back to work on day 5 or 6. I am having my surgery on the day after Thanksgiving and am so nervous. Any tips?

Also, where did you have the surgery and who was your Dr.?

I am glad to hear you are doing so well. I plan on going back to work on day 5 or 6. I am having my surgery on the day after Thanksgiving and am so nervous. Any tips?

Also, where did you have the surgery and who was your Dr.?

Dr Ortiz did my surgery and he's great. The entire staff was great.

Don't be nervous, it was really a snap. I had never been to TJ so I didn't know what to expect. The hospital is only a couple blocks from the border in the nice part of town. The hospital is very nice. Once I met the first doctor I felt completely comfortable. I met band patients on the shuttle who were returning for fills and asked a lot of questions. Everyone has nothing but positive things to say.

My imagination was far scarier than the experience. I did everything to research the surgery, doctor, hospital and city. I even google street viewed the hospital to make sure it was legit. So yes, I too was nervous.

Two days before I flew to SD I realized how ridiculous it was to give in to fears. I quickly became excited for the surgery - started thinking about all the positives.

Research as much as you can. Knowledge will ease your mind.

Thank you so much for answering my message. I am on pins and needles. I just keep having all of these fears regarding the pain but I still feel I am making the right decision. I hope we can all keep in touch

Dr Ortiz did my surgery and he's great. The entire staff was great.

Don't be nervous, it was really a snap. I had never been to TJ so I didn't know what to expect. The hospital is only a couple blocks from the border in the nice part of town. The hospital is very nice. Once I met the first doctor I felt completely comfortable. I met band patients on the shuttle who were returning for fills and asked a lot of questions. Everyone has nothing but positive things to say.

My imagination was far scarier than the experience. I did everything to research the surgery, doctor, hospital and city. I even google street viewed the hospital to make sure it was legit. So yes, I too was nervous.

Two days before I flew to SD I realized how ridiculous it was to give in to fears. I quickly became excited for the surgery - started thinking about all the positives.

Research as much as you can. Knowledge will ease your mind.

I hope all goes well for you. Let's try to stay in touch! I am not arriving until the 26th in the early AM. I have Dr. Almanzar.

Mary I am going on the 22nd, I have Dr. Ortiz and am staying at the Marriot, maybe I will see you on Thanksgiving. I fly home the day of your surgery. I have great hope...see you there