Gastric Plication questions

I had it done on December 27th. I am glad I chose this. I was not interested in the band because I do not want to pay for fills and I read stuff on movement, etc. So at first I was thinking RNY, but everyone looks so sick after that, so I found the plication and it was the move for me. I was 220, now I am down to 197.2 as of this AM. I am still on the liquid part of the diet (only two weeks out). I stayed at the camino real, there is a mall across the street which is wonderful and a movie theater. I went to the movies the day after the procedure. There were six there from the US when I went. One came alone, which I thought was extremely brave. The van gets you at the airport and it says "medical transportation Dr. Ortiz" on the back of the van. If you speak any spanish that is good, if not most speak english (it is 10 minutes from sandiego). I am very glad I did it! My new "tiny tummy" suits me just fine :-)

good luck,

Kathy

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My husband and I had the plication on May 9th. My husbands pre-weight was 315lbs, mine was 256lbs. We are 9.5 months post op, he weighs 210lbs and I am down to 175lbs. We are both within 30lbs of our goal weights & I think these last few lbs are going to be the HARDEST!!!

This WLS was the BEST decision we've ever made. Never felt healthier and in turn happier with ourselves and our life!

I had my plication done August 2, 2011. I lost 30 lbs prior to surgery and 35 lbs after surgery. I feel great! No complications, no issues at all. I am working and going to school full time, so I am not getting my exercise in like I should but still losing... slow and steady. I chose the plication over the lapband because I didn't want to worry about fills either. Over all, it's been a great experience. If I had to do it over again, I would change one thing... I would not have traveled back home two days after surgery. I would have stayed in a hotel (in San Diego) and recuped a few more days before trying to fly home. It was not a fun experience. Of course three hours at the border, flight delays and long layovers didn't help :-(

Best of luck to you.

Starting weight: 244 lbs

Pre-surgery weight: 214 lbs

Current weight: 179 lbs

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm scheduled for April 2. I am planning to fly home on April 4. After reading your comments I'm wondering if I made a mistake to plan to come home so soon. My hubby will be with me.

I'm 4'8" and my wieght is 166. I was turned down by my insurance company for Lapband surgery. Phoeeee on them.

I'd love to hear more about your experiences.

I plan to take it easy for about a week but then need to drive 3 hours for a meeting. I hope I don't have to cancel the meeting. It is very important but my health is more important to me.

So I would like to hear all of your experiences. My weight loss goal is 110. Still overweight for my height but I'll be content.

Hi, I'm scheduled for April 2. I am planning to fly home on April 4. After reading your comments I'm wondering if I made a mistake to plan to come home so soon.

Oh this is more than enough time!

I had lapband surgery (which is more invasive than plication, and was back DOG WALKING time 3 days later.

You won't need a week for recovery! ;)