Band to Plication

Had to have my band removed due to scarring and hiatal hernia. Opted for plication surgery and not getting any positive results.

I have no restriction, no nausea, no vomiting, no PBing.....can just eat whatever and whenever. Did really well with my band and now

pedaling backwards.

Would like to know how others have done with plication surgery!

Mybe should have done sleeve instead of plication?

Upset and disappointed in Utah!

Hi

I had sleeve in November after my band slipped the year before.

It is definitely not as easy as the band. I can eat everything also, so have to make better choices in the foods I eat.

I follow the protein veg friut carb rule. and it is finally starting to come off.

Keep a food journal and see if that helps.

Good luck

Hi

I had sleeve in November after my band slipped the year before.

It is definitely not as easy as the band. I can eat everything also, so have to make better choices in the foods I eat.

I follow the protein veg friut carb rule. and it is finally starting to come off.

Keep a food journal and see if that helps.

Good luck

It's not what you eat, I understand that...but how much can you eat? I can eat a whole dinner, never get sick or any other symptoms.

I would try not to eat a whole meal and test your new stomach. I have read that plication and band are so diffrent you might have to change your way of thinking to what is full. I am thinking about having plication done and have done a tone of reserch on it I just need to come up with the money. :(

I have been using http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ and it is awsome. I have done weight watchers before online and this is sorta like that but free and you can track your calories and fitness and weight loss. I hope it helps you I know it keeps me on track.

I would try not to eat a whole meal and test your new stomach. I have read that plication and band are so diffrent you might have to change your way of thinking to what is full. I am thinking about having plication done and have done a tone of reserch on it I just need to come up with the money. :(

I have been using http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ and it is awsome. I have done weight watchers before online and this is sorta like that but free and you can track your calories and fitness and weight loss. I hope it helps you I know it keeps me on track.

Thank you, I have signed onto My Fitness Pal. Perhaps my attitude is wrong, but I had weight loss surgery to help what I was unable to do on my own. With the Band, it was very easy, your body sent you a definite message when to stop and the weight dropped off. With the plication, I obviously expected that if my stomache was so much smaller I would not be able to eat much per sitting. This is not the case with me. Counting calories and watching every bite is not what I expected. In my experience, I would rather have the band back.

Hi,

I find it hard as well , maybe if I hadn't had the band I would think this was great but I to can eat everything

without feeling sick ,but that caused me to lose the band in the end anyway so I think it is a thinking adjustment.

• 2 months later...