Eating Habits

EricaG

Let's be realistic... not all of us sit down and count every chew and focus on our meals 100% and never PB... I wish it was like that. I sometimes find myself forgetting that I have to slow down and focus on my meal when I'm sitting next to someone that just eats like a duck. I'm at work right now and I usually take my 30 minutes and sit and eat.. AT MY DESK. I can't concentrate and I find myself reading POST on here or watching YouTube videos while I eat. That's so bad... I've had to spit because I wasn't completely focused... I'm 1year and few months banded and I'd love to hear your experiences while eating in a rush, on the go, or at your desk.. I've found myself looking at dresses that I would like to get into on websites.

Hi Erica,

Today is my one year bandaversery...I too have been learning a lot...here are some eating things I have learned about my self:

If I eat and I am upset about something, my band will tell me before I even know it myself by slamming shut and not allowing some foods down...I will then have to think "what is wrong with me" and usually I can reflect and figure it out. I started a new job 6 months ago and I am teaching adults and learning new topics myself..lunch time in the lunch room often doesn't work because of me being "uptight" (literally).

If I am stressed or in a hurry...forget it..take 10 to relax before I even think about eating.

Some foods will never again be on my list of eating, such as potato's, steak, and stringy veggies (as I go along and after each fill, I have narrowed this down)

I cannot wait until I get home after class (9 PM) to eat...just doesn't work..food backs up

Morning's it is protein shakes or nothing (I was never a early eater, and my band isn't either)

GOT to do my water

The band let's me know when it's "that time of the month" and I have to adjust my eating.

Sitting down...taking at least 30-45 minutes to take care of myself by eating is the new way and a must!!!

I look forward to my continued journey and learning more things about myself that the band is gifting me with.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,,,

Its good to see that you people shares your eating habits.One of my eating habit is quite worse.I am in a habit of finishing what ever is placed inside my plate.In the past my mother used to tell me that it is not a good habit to leave anything in the plate and this thing now become my habit.

Oh I can so relate to that. My dad was one of those, "eat everything on your plate!" guys... "don't waste food" so what I do, I eat off little plates. Grab what I think I'm gonna eat and that way, I eat all my food. :)

Oh I can so relate to that. My dad was one of those, "eat everything on your plate!" guys... "don't waste food" so what I do, I eat off little plates. Grab what I think I'm gonna eat and that way, I eat all my food. :)

absolutely the prep has been the biggest adjustment. I also went to the thrift store and bought some very 1 cup size glass bowls and I primarily eat all of my food by having measured it in this fashion. Unless it's later at night I usually always have to make sure I'm not overeating. it's way too painful

The pain i feel is a great deterrent to staying low on the amount of foods I'm taking in