I MISS MY BAND

Hello, I had a lap band put in 7 years ago, I had it put in, in Nevada and moved back to Ca 5 years ago and my new primary Dr. and Insurance you have to get a refferal to see a gastric Dr., and I tried for 2 years to get one and my primary Dr. kept saying that It didnt sound like I really needed to see a Dr. for the band. Untill one day I knew there was somthing wrong and that so many years had went by with out it not being checked out, I entered the hospital and it was immediatley taken out, for no other reason then it haddent been looked at. and now I miss it and want it back. Does anyone out there know how long I would have to wait to have another put back in?

I was banded in August 10 and have currently am doing well without getting a fill. Should I be trying to find someone local do conduct a yearly exam? Can anyone tell me about what the check up is like? Did you go back to the OCC? Just wanted to start making plans. If you are in WA area and found someone local, would you share who you went to. Many thanks for all input

I was banded in August 10 and have currently am doing well without getting a fill. Should I be trying to find someone local do conduct a yearly exam? Can anyone tell me about what the check up is like? Did you go back to the OCC? Just wanted to start making plans. If you are in WA area and found someone local, would you share who you went to. Many thanks for all input

I had my band checked a little before my first year anniversary and it was nothing major. He checked the pouch and the restriction and I was good.. Nothing major.

Hello, I had a lap band put in 7 years ago, I had it put in, in Nevada and moved back to Ca 5 years ago and my new primary Dr. and Insurance you have to get a refferal to see a gastric Dr., and I tried for 2 years to get one and my primary Dr. kept saying that It didnt sound like I really needed to see a Dr. for the band. Untill one day I knew there was somthing wrong and that so many years had went by with out it not being checked out, I entered the hospital and it was immediatley taken out, for no other reason then it haddent been looked at. and now I miss it and want it back. Does anyone out there know how long I would have to wait to have another put back in?

What was wrong with your band ? Something must have gone wrong with it , if it was removed 7 yrs later ? OMG i thought it would be 4sure thing if I haven't had any issue thus far ? ID die !

That's interesting - for them to say there was nothing wrong and to remove. I had abdominal surgery about 10 months ago, the surgeon really checked out my band since he was in there "fooling" around. He said it looked great, band in place - fit well - port good and pouch size great.

The surgery was a pain but it was great to have someone take a look. I'm heading out to the OCC in a few months just to have them take a look. I feel great - its working great - get some heartburn when I travel but geez - I'd hate to lose it.

If you get a new one it’s not that expensive to have someone look at it. And I would recommend you contact the OCC about a new band and check out their prices. They are the best and worth the $$.

So far I've had no problems keeping my weight off - I do eat right and exercise is a big part of my life - but that stuff is easy when you don't have the extra 140 pounds weighing you down.....

Good luck.

What was wrong with your band ? Something must have gone wrong with it , if it was removed 7 yrs later ? OMG i thought it would be 4sure thing if I haven't had any issue thus far ? ID die !

I think you should have it checked out if you feel something might be wrong, unfortunately I had to have a referral and my primary Dr. didn't think I had enough to go off of, but i knew something was wrong, my band had slipped around my esophagus and I couldnt even keep water down, we had been moving, but anyways I think it is a good idea to have it checked out and it was expensive to go out side my insurance because they want to do an upper GI and a Barium swallow and with no insurance to cover that it is expensive. Don't get me wrong and worry if you haven't seen a Doctor in awhile, I love my band and I want it back. thanks for your post.