Loose Skin in Arms

I am almost 60 lbs down since my surgery 6 months ago and have prevented my skin from sagging except for my tricep area. I have started lifting weights, but was curious if anyone has any other suggestions for firming up the triceps so my skin doesn't hang. I am trying to keep my skin as tight as possible. Thanks bandsters!!!

I am almost 60 lbs down since my surgery 6 months ago and have prevented my skin from sagging except for my tricep area. I have started lifting weights, but was curious if anyone has any other suggestions for firming up the triceps so my skin doesn't hang. I am trying to keep my skin as tight as possible. Thanks bandsters!!!

No specific exercise will decrease the amount of extra skin.

You can tighten the muscle under it, but as you drop body fat, lose skin will appear.

The amount you have, and the speed (if at all), it tightens up depends on a few factors, from diet, genetics and age.

Unfortunately, there is no solution to this, besides time, and surgery to remove the skin.

No specific exercise will decrease the amount of extra skin.

You can tighten the muscle under it, but as you drop body fat, lose skin will appear.

The amount you have, and the speed (if at all), it tightens up depends on a few factors, from diet, genetics and age.

Unfortunately, there is no solution to this, besides time, and surgery to remove the skin.

I agree with Lindsay and she's an expert in this area. If it doesn't tighten up with time and exercise, plastic surgery might be your only option.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Lindsay and she's an expert in this area. If it doesn't tighten up with time and exercise, plastic surgery might be your only option.

Respectfully to Dolittle, Living with the loose skin is an option too. This type of plastic surgery leaves large, unsightly scars.

Respectfully to Dolittle, Living with the loose skin is an option too. This type of plastic surgery leaves large, unsightly scars.

I HAVE A SMALL SCAR THAT I WOULDN'T CALL UNSIGHTLY AT ALL. LONG SLEEVED BLOUSES AND JACKETS FIT BETTER NOW SO I CAN GET MY ARMS IN THEM WITHOUT BUYING AN ITEM THAT'S OVERSIZED. I'VE UPLOADED A PHOTO FROM LAST AUG WITH A PHOTO ON MY SNAPFISH LINK

That would be true for some. But those of us that have taken steps to lose weight, such as weight loss surgery, would be more apt to do the plastic surgery route. Large amounts of loose skin from weight loss is almost impossible to get rid of through diet and exercise. We didn't want to live with being "fat", so we lost the weight. We don't like the constant reminders that we were once "fat", so we'd like to get rid of that too. Which will bring up a new question. Are we getting rid of the loose skin because we want to boost our self confidence or are we just vain? I think that reason would belong in a new topic. LOL

I was banded on 3/7 this year and before I did It I checked into a few things....I learned of something called body brushing? I am doing it now with my weight loss. I know it sounds funny but you use a body brush and you can buy them online and they are supposed to tighten up the skin and break up cellulite as you loose weight. You should check it out online and read about it. I don't know yet if it works since I am down only 12 lbs but I have 40 lbs to go for my goal weight. I ordered the brush online and it gives you tips on how to use it. Just an Idea....