Update-One month and 10 days out

Hey gang! I've been out of the loop for a bit, but wanted to update you on how I've been. I have lost almost 21 pounds since surgery and am feeling really good. I am eating almost completely normally now and I am still feeling quite a bit of restriction. I can eat a whole egg in the morning and a few bites of toast, I can do tuna salad on crackers (maybe 3) for lunch, and for dinner I do lots of fish with steamed veggies. I usually get through a half portion of everything I eat. I have had a little bit of a stall in weight loss but I think that is because I have begun working out pretty diligently and intensely for the past few weeks and I think I am gaining muscle and retaining more water since I haven't quite gotten used to adding extra water in since working out. I found that eating was uncomfortable at first, but I feel less nervous while eating and afterward and life is getting back to normal. I share a meal every time I eat out and I end up eating a quarter (if that) and my husband eats the rest. I have been very diligent about charting everything that goes into my mouth on dailyplate.com. If I go to the grocery store and try a sample, I chart it. If I take even a sip of juice, I chart it. I want to be sure that I am doing everything right and so far so good. I find that I still have some strange stomach feelings, almost like a feeling of emptiness. This can tend to keep me up at night, so I have started taking two bites of cottage cheese right before bed to sustain me through the night.

I was alarmed to hear of some of the recent news about plication from Dr. Watkins and his denouncing of it, but after speaking to Lori about it, I feel very confident in Dr. Ortiz and his techniques. I asked if anyone has suffered leaks or necrosis from this surgery at OCC and I was told NONE have experienced this. I would like to have another barium test to feel totally secure, but I'm not sure how to go about that since I didn't have my surgery here.

Hey gang! I've been out of the loop for a bit, but wanted to update you on how I've been. I have lost almost 21 pounds since surgery and am feeling really good. I am eating almost completely normally now and I am still feeling quite a bit of restriction. I can eat a whole egg in the morning and a few bites of toast, I can do tuna salad on crackers (maybe 3) for lunch, and for dinner I do lots of fish with steamed veggies. I usually get through a half portion of everything I eat. I have had a little bit of a stall in weight loss but I think that is because I have begun working out pretty diligently and intensely for the past few weeks and I think I am gaining muscle and retaining more water since I haven't quite gotten used to adding extra water in since working out. I found that eating was uncomfortable at first, but I feel less nervous while eating and afterward and life is getting back to normal. I share a meal every time I eat out and I end up eating a quarter (if that) and my husband eats the rest. I have been very diligent about charting everything that goes into my mouth on dailyplate.com. If I go to the grocery store and try a sample, I chart it. If I take even a sip of juice, I chart it. I want to be sure that I am doing everything right and so far so good. I find that I still have some strange stomach feelings, almost like a feeling of emptiness. This can tend to keep me up at night, so I have started taking two bites of cottage cheese right before bed to sustain me through the night.

I was alarmed to hear of some of the recent news about plication from Dr. Watkins and his denouncing of it, but after speaking to Lori about it, I feel very confident in Dr. Ortiz and his techniques. I asked if anyone has suffered leaks or necrosis from this surgery at OCC and I was told NONE have experienced this. I would like to have another barium test to feel totally secure, but I'm not sure how to go about that since I didn't have my surgery here.

When did you have your surgery I am going on Friday...very nervous. Doing the plication. Please any advice..thank you

Great JOB OLIVIA!!! you are an inspiration and your tracking EVERYTHING will make you a success! I have downloaded an app on my Droid phone so I can keep my calories in check after surgery.

What is your caloric intake per day? 1000ish

You eating several times a day?

I am 3 weeks post op and trying to get calories up. Around 500-600 now. Weight is trickling off, but energy level low.

SD

I try to get in around 1200 calories a day. My husband is a nutritionist and says that any less than this is very detrimental to my metabolism and will actually hinder my weight loss in the long run. So far so good too! I have not had any stalls in weight loss and I am working out four times a week. I do two days of a cardio class like Zumba and three days of weight training. I generally eat five small meals a day.

When did you have your surgery I am going on Friday...very nervous. Doing the plication. Please any advice..thank you

I had my surgery on Feb 15th. You are almost to your surgery time! So exciting!! I was soooo nervous but everything went very well aside the fact that I was terribly naseaus for days after my surery. It was so bad I wanted to go back in and have every last stitch removed, but after that passed I was a happy girl. Keep us posted, I will be praying!

I try to get in around 1200 calories a day. My husband is a nutritionist and says that any less than this is very detrimental to my metabolism and will actually hinder my weight loss in the long run. So far so good too! I have not had any stalls in weight loss and I am working out four times a week. I do two days of a cardio class like Zumba and three days of weight training. I generally eat five small meals a day.

I just had my surgery on the 1st of Aprl (fool's day) <_< I have a lot of gas not as much nausea as you mentioned. Sipping clear lquids, but have so so much gas it unbelievable...any suggestoins? I am taking Gas X strips..helps a little but it is fairly intense. I really appreciate that you are sharing online...it has been supportive prior to my surgery.

I just had my surgery on the 1st of Aprl (fool's day) <_< I have a lot of gas not as much nausea as you mentioned. Sipping clear lquids, but have so so much gas it unbelievable...any suggestoins? I am taking Gas X strips..helps a little but it is fairly intense. I really appreciate that you are sharing online...it has been supportive prior to my surgery.

walking seems to be the general rule of thumb to move the gas build up through your system.