Question about post-op care at OCC

A couple of questions to other bandsters about my post-op experience at OCC, just out of curiousity:

1) Before my first walk around the clinic after surgery, my nurse gave me a 5-10 minute neck and back massage. The other two fellow bandsters that day reported not getting the massage. Was this just something that individual nurse does for her patients?

2) After dressing and walking out to the lobby the morning after surgery (waiting for the ride back to the hotel), several photos were taken of me, first posing with the after-care nurses, then a photo with Mrs. Ortiz. The male surgical nurse took the photos. I never asked what the photos were for, but the other two bandsters were not photographed as I was, nor were any of the bandsters the prior day.

Again, the questions have just been in the back of my head for the last few weeks, as I think back to my surgical experience. Anyone else have either experience?

Just curious.

A couple of questions to other bandsters about my post-op experience at OCC, just out of curiousity:

1) Before my first walk around the clinic after surgery, my nurse gave me a 5-10 minute neck and back massage. The other two fellow bandsters that day reported not getting the massage. Was this just something that individual nurse does for her patients?

2) After dressing and walking out to the lobby the morning after surgery (waiting for the ride back to the hotel), several photos were taken of me, first posing with the after-care nurses, then a photo with Mrs. Ortiz. The male surgical nurse took the photos. I never asked what the photos were for, but the other two bandsters were not photographed as I was, nor were any of the bandsters the prior day.

Again, the questions have just been in the back of my head for the last few weeks, as I think back to my surgical experience. Anyone else have either experience?

Just curious.

Greg, I got the neck rub and my mother was sitting in the room so it may be theraputic to help with moving the gas out of your neck and shoulder region. But not the photo op. Kevin

Just curious.

I DID get the back rub and it was WONDERFUL!!!! It was as I sat up for the first time to walk (maybe 20 minutes after surgery) and I just wanted to KISS that wonderful nurse!!! Hmmm... I go in for my first fill this coming Saturday, maybe I can talk her into a massage then?? :P

Nope, no pictures here either.... But I will take the massage....

Just a thought, but you seem to be one of the higher BMI patients (at least of people I've seen posting here). They may have thought the pics would be really good for before/after shots on the website or something? Also, you all should say which nurse did the back massage - it may be just the one nurse!!!

Just curious.

hmmmm.... Greg are you cute? lol I'm thinking they are keeping you in mind for testimonial pics :)

I didn't get the neck rub!!! But the nurse was so sweet to me and held my hand the night after surgery when I was missing my kids and couldn't get to sleep. I have NEVER received such wonderful care anywhere!!

hmmmm.... Greg are you cute? lol I'm thinking they are keeping you in mind for testimonial pics :)

I didn't get the neck rub!!! But the nurse was so sweet to me and held my hand the night after surgery when I was missing my kids and couldn't get to sleep. I have NEVER received such wonderful care anywhere!!

Yes, I am very cute :D .

And speaking of cute, since many ladies point out how good looking Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez are, in all fairness, I must mention Dra. Mirandez is also a beauty, and the Post-op Dr. De.....???? (never caught her full name) is quite cute also.

And yes, the care at OCC is wonderful! Being mostly a self-pay facility, it is apparent that they go the extra mile to cater to their clients. After all, unlike US facilities, they actually have real competition, and must keep standards higher.

Yes, I am very cute :D .

And speaking of cute, since many ladies point out how good looking Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez are, in all fairness, I must mention Dra. Mirandez is also a beauty, and the Post-op Dr. De.....???? (never caught her full name) is quite cute also.

And yes, the care at OCC is wonderful! Being mostly a self-pay facility, it is apparent that they go the extra mile to cater to their clients. After all, unlike US facilities, they actually have real competition, and must keep standards higher.

You need to post your pic out here since you are so cute. We are really curious now. Just kidding you and playing around a bit. GEEEEZ they must have adored you!

You need to post your pic out here since you are so cute. We are really curious now. Just kidding you and playing around a bit. GEEEEZ they must have adored you!

OK, how do I post my photo. When I try the option "post personal pic", it says I do not have permission to do that.

OK, how do I post my photo. When I try the option "post personal pic", it says I do not have permission to do that.

greg and i had surgery on the same day and i never got the massage or pics taken. he was one of the "chosen" ones! haha seriously, i was having alot of pain compared to greg (who i wanted to smack when he boasted "wow! this doesn't hurt at all!" kidding, greg!). but really, massaging any part of me probably wouldn't have been a good idea...

on the ride back to the hotel, we (myself, greg and our guests) discussed greg's mini photo shoot and we speculated on what they would do with the pics... decided it sounds like they may use them one day as before-and-after shots for their website and/or advertisements. besides, he's cute! :D

greg and i had surgery on the same day and i never got the massage or pics taken. he was one of the "chosen" ones! haha seriously, i was having alot of pain compared to greg (who i wanted to smack when he boasted "wow! this doesn't hurt at all!" kidding, greg!). but really, massaging any part of me probably wouldn't have been a good idea...

on the ride back to the hotel, we (myself, greg and our guests) discussed greg's mini photo shoot and we speculated on what they would do with the pics... decided it sounds like they may use them one day as before-and-after shots for their website and/or advertisements. besides, he's cute! :D

I got the massage, but no pics. I guess they didn't want to break the camera. lol

I don't remember getting a massage, but the whole experience was kinda fuzzy from the drugs. Yes, being a nurse in the U.S. I was very impressed with how personable all the physicians (Dr. Ortiz) were. This is not something I see too much from U.S. physicians; however, I know there are good ones out there. I did end up getting a hot rock massage after surgery at the motel down the street and it was very affordable and superb!!!