plication with band

nanamac

I've been trying to decide between the band and plication. To that end I've been doing a lot of research. I've been leaning towards the band because there seems to be so many people disappointed with their weight loss with plication. During my research I'm finding that MANY doctors recommend having the plication WITH a band. I haven't read anything like that in this forum. Do you do this at OCC?

Hi Humm, haven't come across this combination of a band and plication. I had my plication done Jan 27/11 and so far I've lost just under 40lbs. Starting weight on Jan 10/11 was 211, on surgery day I was 198.01 last Friday I was 172.0..............it is true my weight loss slowed down. My brains says that's a good thing because loosing it slower means it will stay off, my emotions arent as rational, until I remind myself barely 3 months ago I was 211 and bulging out of my size 18(the 16's I could 'peel on') and today I wear a size 12 which are loose, and need a belt and I do have a couple of size 10's too. These sizes are in the same brand as my larger sizes so I know it's not the marketing thing some manufactures do. I can eat anything I want.................BUT....90% of the time I pick the health options and most important I am satisfied with much much smaller poritions. The one thing I don't consume is any kinda carbonated drink as they will stretch out my new tummy size. And I was a serious Pepsi person..........for some reason I just don't want one. Maybe it's time to talk to some surgeons so you can get medical imput to all those questions you have. We all have questions, fears etc..............and information will help so much. Oh I will say I don't have those constant feelings of wanting to eat and I know when I've eaten enough cause I have this sense that I'm full. Sure I've changed a lot of things and I'm happy I have because I feel so much better. Good luck in your journey. Cheers, Katie

• 1 month later...

I ask the OCC about this today - and they don't do plication and band together at the same time..it might be possible to band a plicated stomach...but they have not done that at this point.

I know that if a person had a bypass that they could get a band...so I suppose it is possible. I don't think the plication has been around long enough for folks to need a revision...

DonnaC