Two Weeks Post Op and Doing GREAT!

:P:D

I was sleeved on June 27th and I must say because I had done a lot of research prior to my surgery, I did not find myself nervous at all. I was more anxious to just have it done. I had never had surgery before so I was truly amazed at how calm I was. I knew I was in GREAT hands because I had done my research. My dad has told me before "I know when you make a decision to do something, it is the right decision because you never do anything without researching in great detail first." Once I told him I was going to have WLS surgery in Mexico, he was a little surprised, but then repeated that same thing again.

My recovery has been remarkable. I had no pain and really didn't need to take the pain killers I was given. I was out walking and doing some shopping while we were in Tijuana after surgery as well. The worst day for me was the third day post op on Wednesday. I looked like I was 9 months pregnant. I fortunately brought GasX and THAT most likely was a life saver for me. I was a little "uncomfortable" with the bloated feeling but no pain. I just took the GasX pre pain and it helped. So if you are reading this, pre-surgery, don't forget to take GasX.

Dr. Ortiz also repaired a Hiatal Hernia and with that repair, I have not even experienced any reflux which was quite pronounced prior to surgery. We were hoping by repairing the Hiatal Hernia, it would cause my coughing to subside somewhat. I am quite please to say that it has helped that as well.

I flew home on July 3rd, and started my new job on the 5th and again, have experienced no problems, but it is a desk job. I have come to realize that I still can't do things like house cleaning (what a bummer!) or pick up my grandchildren, but that will come with time.

I am 14 days out and have lost 29 pounds (12 pounds pre-surgery)! THAT is motivation to say the least.

Again, Dr. Ortiz and his entire staff is wonderful. I had a good friend of mine, that is considering the surgery ask me in my whole experience with Dr. Ortiz and the OCC, what would I change or ask to be changed. I didn't even have to think about it... My response was "Absolutely NOTHING!" (The waits for drain emptying and bandages can be long but I had nothing else to do either and it gave me and my husband time to meet and make new friends that were there either waiting on their time for surgery or for their bandage change as well.)

Thank you Dr. Ortiz (simply wonderful surgeon and very personable), Dr. Martinez (my husband looks like your father!) , Dr. So (You were my everything... I had a chemical peel that is amazing, you checked me for leaks, re-bandaged me and pulled the drain to give me freedom! LOL) , Dr. Miranda (without you I would be lost as to what to eat right now), Dr. Acosta (I am the Alligator girl! LOL) and Dr. Velasco (I am the severe Allergic Asthma Patient that reminded me of your mom with all the allergies and meds and you are amazing! I was "AWAKE" when you all told me to wake up surgery was done. There was no sleeping off the anesthesia. I watched TV)

I am now beginning to feel good about myself again and look forward to the journey. My family and friends are just amazed and I all I can do is smile and tell them how wonderful the OCC experience was.

• Like 1

:P:D

I was sleeved on June 27th and I must say because I had done a lot of research prior to my surgery, I did not find myself nervous at all. I was more anxious to just have it done. I had never had surgery before so I was truly amazed at how calm I was. I knew I was in GREAT hands because I had done my research. My dad has told me before "I know when you make a decision to do something, it is the right decision because you never do anything without researching in great detail first." Once I told him I was going to have WLS surgery in Mexico, he was a little surprised, but then repeated that same thing again.

My recovery has been remarkable. I had no pain and really didn't need to take the pain killers I was given. I was out walking and doing some shopping while we were in Tijuana after surgery as well. The worst day for me was the third day post op on Wednesday. I looked like I was 9 months pregnant. I fortunately brought GasX and THAT most likely was a life saver for me. I was a little "uncomfortable" with the bloated feeling but no pain. I just took the GasX pre pain and it helped. So if you are reading this, pre-surgery, don't forget to take GasX.

Dr. Ortiz also repaired a Hiatal Hernia and with that repair, I have not even experienced any reflux which was quite pronounced prior to surgery. We were hoping by repairing the Hiatal Hernia, it would cause my coughing to subside somewhat. I am quite please to say that it has helped that as well.

I flew home on July 3rd, and started my new job on the 5th and again, have experienced no problems, but it is a desk job. I have come to realize that I still can't do things like house cleaning (what a bummer!) or pick up my grandchildren, but that will come with time.

I am 14 days out and have lost 29 pounds (12 pounds pre-surgery)! THAT is motivation to say the least.

Again, Dr. Ortiz and his entire staff is wonderful. I had a good friend of mine, that is considering the surgery ask me in my whole experience with Dr. Ortiz and the OCC, what would I change or ask to be changed. I didn't even have to think about it... My response was "Absolutely NOTHING!" (The waits for drain emptying and bandages can be long but I had nothing else to do either and it gave me and my husband time to meet and make new friends that were there either waiting on their time for surgery or for their bandage change as well.)

Thank you Dr. Ortiz (simply wonderful surgeon and very personable), Dr. Martinez (my husband looks like your father!) , Dr. So (You were my everything... I had a chemical peel that is amazing, you checked me for leaks, re-bandaged me and pulled the drain to give me freedom! LOL) , Dr. Miranda (without you I would be lost as to what to eat right now), Dr. Acosta (I am the Alligator girl! LOL) and Dr. Velasco (I am the severe Allergic Asthma Patient that reminded me of your mom with all the allergies and meds and you are amazing! I was "AWAKE" when you all told me to wake up surgery was done. There was no sleeping off the anesthesia. I watched TV)

I am now beginning to feel good about myself again and look forward to the journey. My family and friends are just amazed and I all I can do is smile and tell them how wonderful the OCC experience was.

• Like 1

Steph, I am so happy for you. Your post brought tears to my eyes as you were able to verbalize all that I feel about the OCC and staff. Thank you for the words.

font="Comic Sans MS"][/font]

Aw Thanks! I have been reading your posts too and they are very helpful!

Great Job Steph, it's it great! It's a whole new journey. Few bumps in the road, but otherwise enjoying the trip. I'm only down 25, but not bad for 5 weeks. Worried the wt loss will stop or go up when we can solids again...YIKES. Work has been easy, no prob and the port isn't bothering me anymore:)

Looking forward to more updates

steph (the other one:)