Unfill for PS?

CaliGirl

Do I have to have an unfill for TT and lift? I have read on here that people had unfills for PS but my surgeon has not mentioned it and when I asked Dr So he said "if your Dr wants you unfilled he can do it while he is in there". Kinda vague if you ask me. I am having PS next Friday at Dr Campos Leon. I would like to get my unfill or partial unfill at OCC Thursday if it is necessary. Please help, I am so confused :wacko:

Do I have to have an unfill for TT and lift? I have read on here that people had unfills for PS but my surgeon has not mentioned it and when I asked Dr So he said "if your Dr wants you unfilled he can do it while he is in there". Kinda vague if you ask me. I am having PS next Friday at Dr Campos Leon. I would like to get my unfill or partial unfill at OCC Thursday if it is necessary. Please help, I am so confused :wacko:

I had a unfill when I had my PS,, BUT, I wish I hadn't, big mistake. It's not neccessary. I gained too much weight till I could get a fill and my restriction back. My opinion is to keep your restriction and go for it.

Remember to discuss moving your port lower if needed.

I didn't have one, and glad about that. My band got a little tight (I think it was due to all the saline they pumped into me) but I was eating soup and protein shakes anyway. It settled back down and I didn't gain any weight throughout my surgeries. (I've had three so far - going in for my facelift on the 28th and don't plan on an unfill)

Good luck, you'll love it! And I wish I moved my port - that's my only regret!

Lisa

Ok thanks everyone for the fast replies. I will keep my current fill. My band has been tight all week. Probably from the excitement/stress. I got stuck on eggs this morning which was a first for me. I guess I need to just take it slower and easier for the next few days. My port is in a good place, I have the "low profile" port so it doesn't stick out or rub. I will ask the PS how he feels about it's placement during my TT and leave it up to him. May need to go deeper after he pulls everything tight:) T-5 days and counting.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: They did remove my liquid from my band before surgery, something about swelling and being able to take meds post op. They told me they removed 7cc and to return to Dr. So for fill or adjustment. I had 9.5 cc so they must have left what was in the tubing there. Well personally I haven't noticed that they removed any fluid. I am gonna wait till I feel hungry before I go back to OCC. I don't know if I feel the same because of the TT and everything is tight or swelling. I just know I feel great.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I didn't have one, and glad about that. My band got a little tight (I think it was due to all the saline they pumped into me) but I was eating soup and protein shakes anyway. It settled back down and I didn't gain any weight throughout my surgeries. (I've had three so far - going in for my facelift on the 28th and don't plan on an unfill)

Good luck, you'll love it! And I wish I moved my port - that's my only regret!

Lisa

Hi Lisa !

Can you share who has done your surgeries and who will do your facelift ? I'm in the investigative stage and very hungry for info !

Thank you !

Lisa