Calling all Lap Banders! Let's hear your updates!

I'm wondering how everyone is doing?

Past and present!

My update:

Banded: Tues March 10, 2009 by Dr Martinez , Tijuana

Height: 5'9"

Starting Weight: 231lbs

Currently Maintaining a comfortable weight of 136lbs.

And I've never felt better. This was the best decision I've ever made.

Got banded by Dr. Ortiz July 16, 2010. Date of surgery 223. But before pre-op diet I was 240.

Today 157. Happy, healthy and so ELATED with my decision. I would do it over again in a heart beat!!!!

Hi all,

Banded March 17, 2010 267

Before band 287

Current 205

Moving in the right direction and loving it...yep I would do it all over again...as I say no matter how long it takes at least I'm moving in the right direction!

MJ

I love my band. I have not been a good bandster recently but am back on the bandwagon again. Going down for a fill in January Could not be happier with my decisions.

Hi there,

I was banded 2/4/08

I am currently 147....gained a little while I had no restriction after the tummy tuck...

I missed my band terribly, and I am so happy to have restriction and feel "normal" for me again

Best decision I ever made about my weight problem

There are always ups and downs to everything, including the band, but I am very happy I did it :)

Hello,

Banded 10/6/06

High – 275

Current – 133

It’s a great tool, I'm thankful for it every day. But it’s a tool, I work hard, workout and make sure I watch what I eat and drink. I’ve very rarely gain too much weight – I go up and down about 5 pounds on average and just get that it is what it is and don’t worry about it.

I’ve had an extended tummy tuck – lippo, breast lift and augmentation. Face lift and going in for something else in March.

I do things now on a daily bases that I use to just dream about doing. :-) The best decision I ever made. It gave me a great life and most likely added years onto my life - happy ones.

I am a recent bandster....9/9/2011

down 30 lbs since my journey started and loving it every day. I got the news last week that I am now diabetes FREE.

I am working out 5x a week and it is getting easier to do.

My goal is to loose 20 more lbs by May and i know I can do it.

• Like 1

I got my band 11/24/11 247 (decision wt 260) Dr Ortiz

this morning 12/7/11 236

Planning to fill in late January...

So far, so good! I haven't had any problems....I'm a little nervous to eat solid foods because I've never experienced "stuck" and I'm afraid it will hurt, but I'm guessing that's normal. Other than walking, I haven't done any exercise because of my incisions, but almost all the tape is off now and they look really good. I'm planning on starting my elliptical workouts on Monday (maybe sooner if it feels ok). So, I'm loving it! :)