How and Do you get used to not drinking and eating??

MandyHotz

I am doing very well with the band so far. I know we are not allowed to drink when we eat because I know from experience it is PAINFUL! How do you get used to it, do you ever? I used to drink every few bites and its a hard habit to break! Any suggestions? I have tried the ice cube, no fun either. Just wondering if it gets easier.

Thanks

Mandy

I am doing very well with the band so far. I know we are not allowed to drink when we eat because I know from experience it is PAINFUL! How do you get used to it, do you ever? I used to drink every few bites and its a hard habit to break! Any suggestions? I have tried the ice cube, no fun either. Just wondering if it gets easier.

Thanks

Mandy

to be honest, it hasn't gotten easier for me--yet. i'm working hard on it though! my thing is that i love extra spicy foods and when eating things that burn your mouth you almost have to drink!

here is what has helped me...even at work, i've started putting a water bottle in the freezer when i sit down to eat and then i look at the clock... this way i know exactly when it's okay to drink. when time is up, i usually add one of the powdered flavor packets to the water. it's always slushy, cold and seems like the best flavored water i've ever had after waiting an hour to drink it! :P