Looking for Morale Support. :) GSP July 2nd.

Hi friends,

Just back from Mexico today. I'm feeling very sorry for myself. I had the plication done on Monday, July 2nd.

Overall, very impressed with Dr. Ortiz, and the rest of the staff with OCC.

I must be a big boob, because I feel terrible. :( I don't feel nauseous and I'm not in pain, persay ... but I feel like I'm starving! My stomach is gurgling and begging me to eat. I have a lot of bubbles (gas) ... but not necessarily acid.

Please tell me I'm going to feel better soon. I wish I could have talked more with the other patients while I was there.

If anyone has any other experiences, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks in advance,

Meredith in Utah

Well another day and I feel SOOOO much better. It must be sleeping in my own bed, in my own house. I also started full liquids today which is a relief. I was able to drink a whole protein drink, a yogurt drink today and water. Doing much better. I'll check in later this week. :)

Well another day and I feel SOOOO much better. It must be sleeping in my own bed, in my own house. I also started full liquids today which is a relief. I was able to drink a whole protein drink, a yogurt drink today and water. Doing much better. I'll check in later this week. :)

It takes a few days and everyone adjust to surgery differently. Just stick to the diet and you will be good. I had trouble drinking water for some reason, so I was using G2 and Mio to help hydrate, in case you have troubles.

Hey, fellow July 2nd GP Girl! Glad to see you are feeling better and doing better. We were there the same day and road the shuttle back to the Marriott, you were in quite a bit of pain, I was with my handsome husband who had managed to go out Monday night but still make it to OCC to pick me up! Here is to hoping things are looking up.

I'm getting kind of tired of the chocolate protein shakes (and I love chocolate) but am enjoying the broth from El Pollo Loco's Chicken Tortilla Soup. It is amazing how little food fills me up so very quickly.

Again, Andromeda9mm, it is nice to see you are feeling better.

Hey GSP teamie!

You're so nice!

I am feeling great! Man, those first few days kicked my butt, but now ... doing awesome.

Yeah, it's insane isn't?! You can eat the tiniest amount, and you're done. For the last week, I've lost a lb a day. Insane. I'm sick of the liquids myself. One week left.

Meredith

Meredith,

I am so glad you doing better. Im hoping that means there is an end in sight for me. I am having a rough day today myself. I should have flown home today but I decieded on another night in San Deigo, and I upgraded to first class for tomorrow. I thought the 3 hour drive from the hotel back to San Deigo was going to kill me. So there was no way I wanted to spend the day flying all cramped up. If it wasn't for the indigestion feeling I would be good. Im hoping that passes soon...