Hello all,

I had sleeve surgery one week ago. Doing great except for chills.. I don't have a fever, but can't seem to break the chills - is this normal? I live in AZ, so its relatively warm outside..I've had them since the day after surgery - some days/nights are worse than offers..

Any advice - besides blankets?

Thanks,

Amy :-)

I had surgery in March and Live in WA state but I remember being so cold. I would sleep on the couch with blankets piled high. It doesn't get better I am still cold all the time here and there. I just chalk it up to all the lost padding/insulation. Also back to my old self. I have found taking my iron does help with this some.

• 11 months later...

I am sitting here freezing. It is driving me crazy. I was always the one that was hot. Now my hands are always cold. I had surgery 12/9/13 so 12 days ago. Of course it is winter and in the 30's or colder at night.

I read this is normal because we lose insulation, but since I have only lost 10 pounds since surgery, I would have to say it is the slowing metabolism.

looks like I will be buying an electric blanket tomorrow, and some gloves that I can type with for work.

of course this is worth it for the benefits. Diabetes under control since the day after surgery and 10 pounds gone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had my surgery in June and I'm cold much more than I used to be. I was such a hottie and now I am a different kind of hottie! :) I've heard this happens with rapid weight loss, but I find being cold is such a new experience and better than being hot. I love that I can wear real winter clothes this year!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...