6 months post op with questions

weight loss

Hi! so Feb 31 will be 6 months since I had the plication done and I have lost almost 75lbs all together. However for the past month I have been bouncing back and forth between losing 2lbs and gaining 2lbs which is making me super nervous. I so dont want to gain any weight and just wondering if any of you out there had this problem or any tips you would suggest? Im still about 25lbs away from my goal weight and would really like to reach that before this summer. Also if I could figure out how to post pictures on here I would so you all could see how amazing this truly is!!!

um.. Well after 6 months post op I can pretty much eat anything and everything but I find that sugar makes me sick. My stomach just doesnt like it to much and bread. But for the most part I can eat whatever I want. Which is totally scary because im just going to return to my old eating habits if i dont get it together! When I first got it done i regretted everything about it only because I was so nauseous and I was on liquids however now I would go back and get it done again in a heart beat. I started at almost 250 and now weigh 175... Nothing is more amazing then getting on the treadmill at the gym and I can run without begging to die. ITS AMAZING! i would totally do it if i were you!

Hey Girl!

You look GREAT!

I'm 7 months out myself, and I'm stuck at 165 ... just gaining and loosing, gaining and loosing. BUT, this is far better than where I was. If this is the end of my journey, then so be it. As long as I don't gain, I'm all good.

For me, just the fact that I can maintain this without feeling deprived, is wonderful. I can eat whatever I want, just smaller amounts. It's lovely.

I'm also like you though, I have found if I have to many carbs, about two hours later I have a crash and I feel crazy ... I can feel it coming on, and I *know* I must eat something fast. I think this is some sort of dumping syndrome. I have to eat protiens and fats, and they make me feel better.

I have heard some people go back to a liquid diet to jumpstart the weightloss again... you may want to switch to a smoothie diet?

Again, you look great! So pretty! Keep it up!

Meredith in Utah

I am 10 days post opt - and I love seeing your before and after pix. It gives me hope ;). I started at 230 and lost down to 218 the day of surgery and today 216 so only 2 pounds lost since surgery. Which makes me depressed - bc it isn't much at all - I have to admit I didn't do the liquid diet before it after like I should - I cheat and eat fish or shrimp and oatmeal and soups - I can have anything pretty much just smaller amount -- I hope I haven't already messed something up - I had plication also -

How much did you lose weekly ? I feel like 2 pounds a week isn't that great starting off

• 2 weeks later...

tjones,

I can tell you from personal experience and this being 2 years after my surgery that I do fluctuate within usually 2 pounds. I know you are worried about going back to old habits but maybe this will help. If you are stuck for awhile and not losing anymore I would start from basics again. I know this was difficult just doing it once - but you might want to consider doing the liquid again to soft foods. In addition I personally do not eat bread, rice, or pasta anymore. I still have carbs, just not the ones that got me into my bad habits. I lost 101 pounds which took about year. And truly it is about not eating and drinking at the same time. Keep going and keep up the great work! (fyi - if you do go back to liquid Jamba Juice is a no no -> my mom tried to pull a fast one by starting out with this.) :)

Ashleywooten02,

It is important to follow the guide in the beginning this is to help retrain your eating habits. I hope everything is going well, and I would personally stay away from oatmeal. Oatmeal to me would mean filler, as in it would expand. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I feel on that food item. Good Luck!

Hi tjones, you look great! I'm only 3 weeks post-op from my plication; I do remember the nutritionist warning me it would be normal if I plateaued for a bit at some point and then start loosing again. She stressed sticking to a clean diet and keeping my physical activity up. I've got a couple of apps where I track my water/food intake as well as my exercise, that helps. Also drink LOTS of water, minimum 64 ounces a day.

@operationskinny, have u scheduled ur surgery? We will be there this weekend for plastic surgery. Having the Plication will be the best decision you can make. You are uncomfortable for the first few weeks, simply because your stomach is filled with itself & has to get used to it! The liquid diet can feel frustrating, but when u finally get to have solids, you regain ur strength & feel amazing!!

Hi TJones,

You look great! :) I am 8 months out and just wanted to add my 2 pence to it. I also have gained and lost the same 4 lbs (not 2) since month 6. I go from 158-162 lbs. However, it must be said that I have not exercised a bit. I am just about to start that journey now (ZUM BAAA!). I wanted to lose the weight before tightening up versus going all the way through it. Also, I am about to start leaning and greening it again just to kick start the metabolism. Continued success, you do look great :)